9// Family Comes First

Scott looks at me with a worried face.

"Why would you ask something like that?" Deaton asks.

I stare at him for a while before looking at Scott.

"I know who she is." I say.

I feel my heart start pounding faster as I get ready to tell the truth. I take a deep breathe before continuing.

"She's my mom." I say looking at Deaton.

Deaton sighs and walks to his office leaving me and Scott alone. Scott turns to me with wide eyes.

"What do you mean she's your mother." Scott asks.

"I don't know Scott when your mom dropped of the boxes from my house I found a journal with her name in it and then I had a dream about her and me." I say quickly.

I look up when Deaton walks back in with a paper in his hand.

"Your mom and I knew each other." He says. "And I've waited to tell you because she wanted you to figure it out on your own." He says.

"Why did she leave me?" I ask.

"She didn't have a choice. When you were born on the same day as the argent child they got suspicious, and when they saw that you two were exactly alike they threatened to kill you. Your mom had to give you up or your life would be in danger." Deaton says.

I stare at him in disbelief.

"Well I'm still in danger." I say angrily.

Scott grabs my hand and squeezes it. I rip my hand away and stand up.

"Where is she?" I yell.

Deaton looks to Scott who looks down to the floor.

"There was a fire..." Deaton starts.

I turn around and run out the door. I don't know where I'm going, but I know it's anywhere away from here. I hear Scott yelling my name in the distance and I run faster. I feel tears stream down my cheeks and fall to the ground sobbing.

"Why me!" I yell into the wind.

I slam my hands in the ground and pull myself up. I look around and search for the only person I have left. Derek.

I finally find his address and start my way towards the location. What am I going to say? Does he even know who I am? I push the thoughts aside and continue on my way. I stand in front of the building and walk inside. My heels click against the ground and I shiver at how cold it is. I find the door and raise my hand to knock. I close my eyes and feel all my nerves go crazy. I knock two times and wait for the door to open. I hear footsteps beyond the door and question why I even came here in the first place. I'm brought out from my thoughts when the door swings open. Derek stares at me in confusion.

"Adeline, what are you doing here?" Derek questions as he takes in my appearance.

I wipe the left over tears on my face and think of what to say.