4// A New Beggining

I walked along with Kate and Derek unsure of where we were going. I looked over at Derek to see he looked nervous. I grabbed his hand and he looked over at me and relaxed a little bit.

"What's wrong?" Kate asked Derek.

"I don't know about this. I'm not supposed to show the vault to anyone outside my family." Derek told Kate.

"Come on, we talked about this." Kate told Derek.

"Yeah, but how do you even know." Derek asked.

"Because you told me. Don't you remember? Tell me if you remember this." Kate said as she kissed Derek and I grimaced at the sight. "We get inside the vault. We get the Triskelion. And then everything goes back to normal." Kate said.

"That's all you want?" Derek questioned.

"That's all we need. But right now we have to get inside that vault." Kate said.

"Over here." Derek said.

"Why would your family build a vault under a high school?" Kate questioned.

"The vault was here first." Derek said.

"Wow." I said out loud.

We walked down the stairs and walked into a tiny room with a safe on the inside. Derek walked up to the safe door and turned it till it opened. Inside was a little piece of wood in the shape of a circle and I stared at it confused to why it was in a safe.

"This is it? You're sure?" Kate asked Derek as she looked at it in her hands.

"Yeah." Derek answered.

"What does it do?" I asked.

"You'll figure out eventually." She told me and I looked at her confused and frustrated as to why I couldn't know.

"It doesn't look like much." Kate said.

"That's 'cause it isn't. Quite the elaborate scheme you have here, Kate. Finding Adeline. Two countries, Aztec temples, Derek returned to a teenager. One that trusted you. One that loved you. All this complication just to gain access to our vault. Just to get your hands on that little piece of junk. Turn it over. Go ahead. There's a scrape on the back where it used to say "Made in China."." The man said and I jumped around to face him.

"You're lying." Kate said to him.

"I admit I have a tendency to exaggerate things. But in this case the truth is so much more fun. Oh, I'm sorry, sweetheart, that little pendant is just a physical object to focus on. It's training wheels. Talia used it to teach Laura. I tried to use it to teach Derek." The man said to Kate.

I grabbed Derek's hand when I heard loud roaring come from above the vault.

"What was that?" I asked scared.

"Is this real? Tell me if this is real?" Kate asked out loud and everyone ignored her.

"Didn't you hear that? That was Scott. I just heard Scott..." Derek said before Kate cut him off.