SOTS-1-01-05

Soul of the Seal: The Ninja Adventures by MrDust

 Anime » Naruto Rated: T, English, Adventure & Friendship, Naruto U., Kyuubi/Kurama, Words: 221k+, Favs: 1k+, Follows: 1k+, Published: Feb 23, 2008 Updated: Dec 27, 2009

Chapter 6: SOTS,1,01,05

(AN: For disclaimer, see my profile, and also, help me with my goal to have it possible for submissions to display colored text!)

SOTS-1-01-05

Soul of the Seal - Story 1 - Arc 1 - Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - "Grabbing Kakashi's Bells"

Over the field of training area seven, the morning dawn was beginning to illuminate the landscape, but the sun hadn't risen above the horizon yet. It was early. Slightly early. No, make that really early. Quite early. Very, very early. Certainly earlier than Sakura was used to getting up as she... well, I guess you can call it walking... As Sakura walked into the field, still rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She was carrying a single pink duffle bag looped over her shoulder that had her limited supply of equipment.

Sasuke was approaching from a different direction, but being as punctual as Sakura, was arriving at the same. Thought, strangely, he seemed normal... I mean awake normal... I mean he didn't seem bothered by the early start. Over his shoulder was a purplish blue, heavy kind of cross of a tote bag and duffle bag.

"Oh, Hhhhhhhiii... S-Sasuke-kunnnn..." Sakura yawned at length as they approached each other. Still blinking, she looked around. "That Naruto-baka. He's going to get in trouble if he's late." She sighed, too tired to get angry. Sasuke looked around once.

"He's over there." Sasuke pointed.

Sakura turned and squinted in the direction indicated. Slumped down against the middle one of three large posts, sat Naruto... Or at least, a mass of orange with a topping of blonde. But between her grogginess and the still dim light, Sakura couldn't see him all that clearly. He seemed to simply be asleep, his backpack tucked next to him. But on the other side of him was what appeared to be two empty duffle bags, and a small stack of four empty instant ramen containers. From the look of things, they hadn't been empty very long. Naruto must have only eaten and dozed off just a little before the other two had arrived.

"What the...? Naruto ate? But Kakashi-sensei told us not to! That idiot is going to get us in trouble!" Sakura started to stomp towards the napping ninja, but was stopped by a hand on her shoulder. She turned around wide-eyed to look at Sasuke.

"Hey, don't wake him. We have a chance to have some quiet without his loud mouth for a change." He said, half suggestion, half order as he turned away to simply stand, waiting for their sensei.

Had he watched Sakura a moment longer, he'd have seen that she was DEFINITELY awake now.

'Sasuke-kun touched me! He... touched... He... He... Hehehehehehe!' Sakura was grinning like a maniac, starts shining in her eyes as she had forgotten all about Naruto, as she was now stuck on staring at the disinterested Uchiha.

They waited in the grassy area for their sensei. Time ticked by, but no one noticed. Naruto was asleep, Sakura just kept daydreaming about... certain things, and Sasuke was just glad the other two were quiet for a change.

After the sun had risen over the mountains, however, Sasuke and Sakura finally noticed that it was a fair time past five, and their sensei was a no-show. Sasuke was getting irritated that their sensei had told them to be at the training grounds at five, yet didn't show up on time himself. Considering the wait they had the day before, Sasuke frowned at the thought of this being a regular occurrence.