SOTS-0-00-00

Soul of the Seal: The Ninja Adventures by MrDust

 Anime » Naruto Rated: T, English, Adventure & Friendship, Naruto U., Kyuubi/Kurama, Words: 221k+, Favs: 1k+, Follows: 1k+, Published: Feb 23, 2008Updated: Dec 27, 2009 Reveiws: 932 Chapter 1: SOTS,0,00,00

(AN: For disclaimer, see my profile, and also, help me with my goal to have it possible for submissions to display colored text!)

SOTS-0-00-00

Soul of the Seal - (Story#) - (Arc#) - (Chapter#)

Prologue: "Basic Instructions"

At a not-so-proud time in the history of the Village Hidden in the Leaves...

The small scruffy blonde boy ran as fast as he could down a park path in the depths of his so-called 'home village'.

"No... pweeze... not a'gan... not a'gan... why? Why?" He choked raggedly, looking over his shoulder to see the angry woman chasing him with a thick branch she had picked up.

"Get back here you wretched monster! I'll crack your skull open for stealing from me!" She hissed viciously.

Steal? Ha. The four year old Naruto Uzumaki certainly didn't consider it stealing when you catch a half mangled loaf of bread out of mid air when it had been aimed at a garbage can. The bread was perfectly good, the woman simply didn't want it. Naruto had grabbed it, and unfortunately, the woman had seen him. Now she was heartlessly chasing the hungry boy, accusing him of stealing what she would never have missed.

In one of the many parks of Konoha, the two ran along the path at the edge of a moderately steep hill. It was actually no small feat that the small four-year-old could manage to keep a pace ahead of the angry adult. But then again, the boy had lots of daily practice... whether he wanted it or not. He was already developing an instinct for speed and trickery... from his own people.

The woman, loosing ground, took a frantic swing at Naruto in a last attempt to rip his head off, but he dived to avoid the hard branch, clutching his bread in his arms as he tumbled down the hill. The woman didn't see this however, being thrown off balance by her swing as she tripped and fell to her opposite side. Naruto tried to stop himself, clutching the bread with one arm while throwing out his other, along with his legs, to brace himself. But even as he nearly twisted an ankle, and a rock scraped his arm...

"Curl up and roll!" A voice urgently called.

Naruto instantly did exactly that, tucking in tight. But of course, that caused his speed to increase as he hurtled down the hill, crashed through some bushes, and slammed into a tree. Head first.

The woman managed to pick herself up and quickly looked around for the 'demon brat', but saw nothing in any direction. Grumbling, she threw away her make-shift weapon and brushed off her hands on her dress skirt. She went back to the picnic she had been trying to enjoy.
_________________________

Naruto whimpered as he slowly pulled himself up. He didn't feel too bad, but blinked in confusion as he realized his bread was gone, and he was kneeling in... water? He slowly sat up, looking around at the place he did not remember being in last.

It was a huge room, somewhat dark even with some light that came from nowhere. The ceiling was plain and bare, so was the floor except for the two or so inches of water on it, water that was coming out of multitudes of cracks in the three walls that seemed to be masoned stone of relative new status, despite the obviously quick wear and tear it had been subjected to. In one wall was a opening of a hallway that went off into darkness, and Naruto could see rows of metal doors down both sides of the hall in what light there was. But opposite of the hallway, where the fourth wall should have been, was, in fact, open air. Almost.