SOTS-1-01-01

Soul of the Seal: The Ninja Adventures by MrDust

 Anime » Naruto Rated: T, English, Adventure & Friendship, Naruto U., Kyuubi/Kurama, Words: 221k+, Favs: 1k+, Follows: 1k+, Published: Feb 23, 2008Updated: Dec 27, 2009 Reveiws: 932 Chapter:

SOTS-1-01-01

Soul of the Seal - Story 1 - Arc 1 - Chapter 1

Story 1 - "The Ninja Adventures (Of Team Seven)"

Arc 1 - "The Beginnings of a Legend"

Chapter 1 - "The Actions of One, the Decisions of Two, the Troubles of Three"

It was a bright and sunny day in Konoha on the morning of October fifteenth. The birds were singing in their nests. The clouds were drifting in the sky. The paint was drying on the mountain faces.

It was an unpleasant shock to most of the village when they awoke that morning and stepped outside, or looked out their windows, to see what had happened to the great Hokage mountain. The face of the Shodaime was painted to look like a wooden puppet head. The face of the Nidaime was painted to look like he was crying a pair of giant waterfalls from his eyes, with various fish trying to swim up them. The face of the Sandaime was painted to look like a human scroll, with dozens of kanji like 'study', 'work', and 'train' written over it. And the face of the Yondaime was painted to make him look like... a geisha. Ouch.

While any decent artist would be able to see the skill and difficulty in getting such proportional detail accurate on such a large scale to be viewed from a distance, the only thing a certain pair of chunin could see was the backside of the blonde boy that they were chasing through the village for having done such a 'monumental' thing. There were things these two chunin couldn't understand. Why the boy had painted the mountain. HOW the boy had painted the mountain. And why they couldn't seem to catch said boy.

Even at the very moment that Sarutobi was being informed of Naruto's latest pinnacle of prankdom, Naruto was laughing as he bounded across rooftops, awnings and building ledges with memorized ease. The chunin were barely keeping up. Naruto dashed down towards the street as he cut around the corner of a tall wood fence wall. The chunin followed, speeding past the wall and heading down the street. A few moments later, part of the wall shifted as a camouflage sheet dropped, revealing Naruto, who stepped away from the wall to look down the way that his pursuers had gone.

"Hahaha! Jeez, what a couple of wusses! Hahaha!" The blonde boy enjoyed having fun from time to time.

"Holy! Talk about pathetic! And those are supposed to be chunin? Gah! I've told you you're better than you think, Naru-kun!" Kyaena exasperated.

"NARUTO!" A voice boomed in Naruto's ear, causing the boy to jump six feet straight up before coming down on his butt in front of the person.

"Ah! Iruka-sensei! How many times have I told you not to do that!? What the heck are you doing here!?" Naruto yelled up at his teacher.

"No, the question is what the heck are you doing here when you should be in class by now!?" Iruka shouted back.

Only about ten minutes later, Naruto sat on the floor of the academy classroom, his arms simplistically tied up with plain rope. The rest of the class looked on as Iruka scolded the super prankster.

"Naruto, what am I supposed to do with you?" Iruka shook his head. "Tomorrow is the graduation exam, and the majority of the class has signed up to take it. You've already failed it the last two times it came around!"

"Pft. And who's fault is that...?" Naruto mumbled under his breath. Iruka's eye twitched.

"Do you want to be left behind again!? Picking now of all times for another of your ridiculous, inappropriate pranks!?" Iruka stamped his foot. Naruto just turned his nose up, making a vein throb on Iruka's face. "FINE THEN! I guess we'll just have to have a review exam on the Transformation Jutsu, and EVERYONE will have to take it!"