Chapter 9- Grindlewald's Motives

Start from the beginning

"You guys think he wants them?"

"Maybe. It might be a motive of his, but we aren't sure."

"Tina" Queenie said from across the table. "Teenie, we don't even know if those exist. I think we're getting ahead of ourselves."

"You're right. I just couldn't think of any other reason he would wear it, and give it to people. Its like his logo or something."

"A mark" Newt said. After a beat something came back to him.

"After Grindlewald was captured, I remember he said something to me, I'm still unsure of what he meant, he asked me, "Will we die just a little?"."

"That could mean a lot of things. Why would he say it to you?" Tina asked. Newt shrugged his shoulders.

"I did spend a lot of time thinking about it in London. I couldn't think of anything it could've meant."

"That don't make sense, how do you die a little?" Jacob asked, crossing his arms.

"Everything bout that sentence sounds off." Added Queenie. "Are you sure that's what he said?"

"Yes."

"Either he's extremely clever, or extremely mad." Tina said, shaking her head.

A strange noise sounded from inside the fireplace. Everyone looked as a Newspaper appeared on the ground in front of it.

"That's odd. Usually it comes on Sunday." Queenie said. Her and Tina exchanged uneasy looks.

"Is something up?"

Jacob stood up.

"I'll grab it. He walked about into the living room and picked up the rolled up newspaper. It looked thin, like only a piece or two.

"What does it say?" Tina asked. Jacob opened it up, at first he seemed astounded the pictures moved, but quickly read. Newt watched his face turn to a mix of surprise and fear.

"You guys won't believe this" he said, shaking his head and handing to Tina. She read the paper intently. After she was finished she looked up, obviously in disbelief. Queenie and Newt looked at her, waiting for what had happened.

"They saw him, in New York. He's back." She said breathlessly.

She handed to Newt across the table. The article was headed. Grindlewald spotted in New York, MACUSA working around the clock to recapture him. He skimmed through some of the article then gave it to Queenie.

"What timing." He said. Scenes were replaying in his head from seeing his face. Them back in the subway, battling, Newt, trying to save the boy huddled on the tracks. Blinding light, Pain, those were the only things that he could remember. He shook off the thoughts and went back to the topic at hand.

"What on earth does he want from this town?" Tina said, frustrated.

"Teenie, you don't think he knows Newts back, do you?" Queenie said in a hushed voice. Newt just put another forkful of food in his mouth. Tina glanced at him, he pretended he didn't notice.

"Why would he be after Newt?" Jacob asked with his mouth full.

"I doubt he would be after him." Tina said.

"Think about it, what if he blames Newt for being sent to jail, or getting involved and ruining his plans with the Obscurus?" Queenie debated. Newt had thought about that a lot, but he never thought anyone else thought that way.

"Then if he really is in danger, MACUSA needs to know."

"It won't help." Newt said without looking up. Everyone looked at him, surprised.

"Grindlewald is the most powerful wizard of this time. If he really is after me, MACUSA most definitely couldn't stop him." He shifted food around on his plate with his fork, trying hard to pretend everyone wasn't looking at him like he grew a second head.

"Newt, don't talk like that." Tina contended, squinting her eyes. "MACUSA would do everything in their power to protect you, they would be able to."

Newt didn't respond. He imagined they all knew what he had said was true. Everyone fell silent until Jacob cleared his throat.

"Don't worry Newt, no matter what we're gonna fight right beside ya. So if Grindlewald shows up, he'll have another thing coming." He punched his open hand in demonstration. Newt looked up and smiled.

"He's right, but lets try not to let these kinds of things get to us. Nothing will probably even happen." Tina said.

"Wow, its already 10." Jacob points out.

"Yeah, I think after we clean up we better get some sleep." Tina said, standing up.

Newt could feel how heavy his eyes were, he had woken up early to come here. He subconsciously yawned.

"Newt agrees." Queenie says, everyone, including Newt start laughing.

(A/N) Hi again. Its almost 11, and I have school and I just finished. Sorry this took a few days, I went ice skating today and I've been sorta busy, and this chapter is kinda short, what can I say? I'm lazy. So, what do you think Grindlewald's intents are? Is he after Newt? Or something much bigger? We shall know next chapter! This is almost as long as my right now longest book, which is on open office with a 10.5 size font and Georgia Font type. I think this will break my record. Well, anyways, tell me what you think. I'm stumped on whats going to be going on in the second part right now, so I'll sleep on it. Okay, that's it. I'll see you all next chapter I guess! Toodles! Also, the next chapter is gonna have some changes in the third P.O.V (Kamber, its a real thing! I told you!). Anyway, it wont be Newt or Tina this time, it'll be somebody a little different. I would tell you, but I assume you already have a good idea on who it is.