Chapter 35

AN: Do read the authors note at the end if you want to know a tiny bit more about Omers family. AND OMERS POV is included :)

>>Recap<<

His soft brown eyes were boring into my hazel greenish eyes with a weird expression and the feelings were so deep that I felt I got lost in his eyes, but it was a completely different feeling than what I have ever felt. I couldn't stop looking. I wanted to know the words behind this feeling. I needed to. What was it that he was trying to tell me?

>>End of recap<<

Suddenly I felt a slight pain in my ribs and the weird staring contest ended between me and him. I turned to my right and looked at my cousin, Zainab. All of us cousins were close we didn't see much to each other since we lived all over the country or world, but whenever we met up it was as if nothing had changed. 

"You're staring," she diverted my attention and i composed myself and awkwardly looked down on my palms in my lap, I looked up and saw her looking the direction I was staring at "what were you even looking at or thinking about? You seemed lost in thought."

"Nah don't worry about it, just thinking about the wedding and stuff" She didn't look convinced but let the matter be and nodded. Giving her a reassuring smile i excused myself from the rest and went outside on the porch. 

The weather was nice, well better than yesterday. I was sitting on the stairs with my arms around my knees to my chest. There was a light breeze and it made me hug my legs tighter though it was comforting somehow. I closed my eyes and inhaled the nice smell of flowers. It was Spring season and this time of the year was my favourite, not too cold and not too warm. Whilst I was sitting there in peace I felt my phone vibrate. Damn technology. I pulled my phone out and saw a message from Omer and looked away. 

Wait what?! Omer?! I looked at my phone again. I unlocked it and read it 

'Meet me in the park in 15 min? Need to talk'

My heart stopped in my chest and I felt weird. I hadn't talked to him since that day that he told me he wouldn't give up  on me. Yeah he would come over and help dad and Rehan with the tasks mom had delegated them and to drop off Samara. Except a few glances here and there we hadn't even looked at each other. What could he possibly want to talk about? Suddenly my eyes popped. Shit ... no no no... I remembered last night and the incident between him and and me. I did not want to talk to him about this it was too weird. What would he even say? Gosh no no. 

I got up and started pacing back and fourth on the porch when my phone vibrated in my hand. 

'Please, It won't take long. I promise.'

I realized I hadn't replied and started panicking more. I took a deep breath. 

Gosh girl get a grip and just reply. Deciding to listen to this very dominant voice in my head I was about to reply, 'Sure, but only if I can bring Samara' I was about to send the message when I realized I hadn't spoken to her all day after yesterday when she left the sangeet function. I made a mental note to text her later. But I needed someone to accompany me, I wouldn't go alone. I was thinking when a name popped up in my head.

'Fine, but only if I get to bring Zainab with me' And then I pressed send. I guessed he would know who Zainab was since he had been mingling well with my cousins. I rolled my eyes at this thought. My phone vibrating stopped my thoughts. 

'Sure that's fine, see ya in 15 :)' 

I realized he sent me a smiley though feeling awkward i put my phone back in my pocket I went inside to the others to get Zainab and plead her to go with me. Whilst going in I saw Omer leaving and he smiled at me. I looked away and saw a small smile escape it's way to my lips. I quickly pushed that whatever feeling away and went straight to Zainab and pulled her away from the others to the hallway.