Chapter 5 - The Lion & The Lamb- Ana

"Do you have any idea who you're messing with?"

Ana hears the woman's voice from every direction, but all she sees is black. All around her is broken glass that reflects someone else's memories, yet she remembers every one of them. There's a warming glow beside her, but she can't look at it. It's as if her head is fastened in place, eyes forced forward. As always, Ana must do as her dream commands.

"I won't be beaten. Whatever you think you'll find inside of me is long dead."

The room gets so hot Ana fears she might get burned. Something tugs along her sternum. A bubbling blooming sensation she likens to being ripped apart from the inside out.

"Not now! Please! I'm nearly perfect!"

---

Ana's eyes bolt open and she jolts up, calling out, "Throoth!" as she does so.

Her gaze adjusts to the dim room around her, allowing her to see that she's amidst a caveat of stained cushions, broken beds and collapsed furniture. This isn't her bed, she isn't surrounded by her plushies and worst of all, her friends aren't around.

That's strange. Ana had a nightmare, but it was different from the armageddon she's become so used to. There was no final struggle between the chaos conjuring queen and the benevolent force Ana could never see. Instead, she heard the queen's voice and it was unlike ever before. Gone was her usual pride. Savagery no longer laced her words and was instead replaced by fear and uncertainty. Even though this dream lacked the same overt violent imagery Ana still feared for her life, but this time from the Queen's perspective.

Could the changes in her dream be due to the interactions with her lookalike? There's something nibbling at the back of Ana's mind, but she just can't put her finger on it. At best Ana believes the woman from her dreams is Morrigan. Which seems pretty obvious in retrospect. But that's as far Ana's train of thought goes as it's halted by the loud creak of an opening door.

"So you're finally up." It's only natural Ana looks towards the sound of the other Morrigan's voice. She's standing in the doorway, leaning on its frame and holding the mortal baby against her shoulder. "Come on. I'll show y'around."

 Morrigan turns, with no apparent concern for the baby in her arms. As she pivots, Ana fears she might drop the child. The whipping motion of her spin could have made the baby cry or sick or anything really, but instead it just giggles. At first,  Ana's confused, but considering how rough and tumble Morrigan seems, it's no surprise that her baby is the same way.

"Well?" Morrigan peeks back into the room. "Ya comin' or what?"

 Not wanting to anger her, Ana jumps up from the ramshackle bed and follows after Morrigan. She keeps up with her pace but makes sure to stay more than a few feet behind her.