I gulp. This woman is ironically intimidating. "Got it. Thank you." I nearly bolt for the door.

She smiles saccharinely. "Welcome-e-e!" She giggles. "Good luck!"

It takes me a while to find the science classrooms due to the fact that this school is one monstrous, castle-sized building, but when I do and am on the brink of entering, a mighty force causes me to greet the floor with an epic face-plant. Lovely.

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry!" The might force aka. A student, squeaks as she offers me a hand which I accept gratefully.

"All good," I murmur, trying to focus my dizzy, double-vision eyes.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Other than a spinning head," I chuckle lightly. "No."

"Are you sure?" Her face looks so pricelessly guilty that it's hard not to laugh.

I nod, a smile stupidly smacked on my face. "Yes, positive."

She sighs in relief. "Thank goodness. I thought history was about to repeat itself..." I look at her wide-eyed. "It was an accident, I swear!"

I swallow. "Right. Do I even want to know what happened...?"

"Well unless you like gore..." she gulps, scrunching her nose as she reminisces. "Nope."

I laugh, waving her off. "I'm Summer, new here."

She gasps. "No wonder I've never seen you around before. Nice to meet you, Summer. I'm Phoebe. Wow, this is a horrible first impression. You probably think I'm a serial killer or something, but I swear I am as harmless as a bee─wait I think it's a fly..." She trails on.

"No, no, no!" I laugh, stopping her. "It's okay, I don't judge." Besides, I've made some selfish, awful mistakes in the past and I definitely wouldn't want her to judge me for them. Especially since I've changed completely since then too.

Her pink, round lips lift up into a grin. "That's amazing─aw shoot we're ten minutes late!"

She squeals, locking her arm in mine and taking me into class. Meanwhile, I'm also mentally squealing inside. I think I just made a friend for the first time in three years!

Maybe dad's right, maybe I will fit in here. Maybe.

▽▽▽▽▽

Before I know it, time passed like a whirlwind and Phoebe and I chatted through the entire lesson. Her ardent and talkative personality makes it easy to get along with her, lucky for my awkward self. Next, I had trigonometry and that lesson went much progressively, much to my dismay. Maybe it's because Phoebe isn't in that class, and what a surprise when she appears waiting for me at lunch-break.

Instead of having a cafeteria, this school has an outdoor courtyard where there's benches and lunch tables everywhere. Because this is a school for the wealthy, they have a cafe instead where you buy your lunch. Pretty awesome, I'd say.

Phoebe takes me to her squad sitting in a circle on the ground. She grins at me, flipping her black, straight, amazing Asian hair out of her face before turning to them. She clears her throat dramatically, grabbing the group's attention. "Everyone, this is the new girl, Summer and Summer, these are my friends. Everyone say hi!"

"Hello!" They all greet me simultaneously. There's a mix of boys and girls, and the cultural diversity is sightly.

I mutter a hi back, nervous out of my wits. What? It's been three years okay!

"Hey, who's this hottie?" A dude materialises out of nowhere, joining the circle. With his black hair tied into a man bun, piercing green eyes, and tall, built figure, I could say the same to him.