Epilogue

Last chapter my god!!

There's no more tricks anymore, who's dead is dead, no more zombie action okay?

Promise.

OH and I just finished reading The Infernal Devices and I had to literally walk away from the book because I died. If you haven't read them AND The Mortal Instruments you need to holy fuck they're so good words do not describe it.

OH and read the note at the bottom, thanks :)

~Skylar xx

___________________

*7 Years Later*

Jai's POV

I stared at the grey pieces of granite in front of me, my hair slightly blowing in the Autumn wind. I sighed and sat down in front of the middle one, reading from left to right what they said.

Tyler Aaron Walters

15/9/1995 - 17/12/2013

Died a hero, but taken too early.

Luke Anthony Mark Brooks

3/5/1995 - 17/12/2013

Suffered his whole life, finally laid to rest. Beloved son to Gina, long lost brother to Beau and Jaidon.

Beau Peter Brooks

31/7/1993 - 17/12/2013

Lived life for his family, passed with no regrets, forever in many hearts, may you lye to rest.

I sighed, staring at Luke's name, a frown forming on my face. "You know, when people look at your graves, all of your graves, they stare, wondering why you guys died so young on the same day." I went quiet for a second, I guess half expecting Luke to answer, but he didn't, and never will again. "Today is my- our birthday, we'd be 25 together. I know it's not an important number, but still, I bet you'd never think you'd get there, right?" Yet again, a piercing silence came over me.

"James has moved to Queensland," I said, thinking of the basic things I needed to say. "He said moving away from it all would help him deal with everything. Personally I think it'll do jack shit to help but it's James, he's persistent i'll give him that." I then looked at Beau's tombstone. "Daniel hasn't been the same without you," I said sadly, not wanting to think about all that right now. "I don't know, he's happy but.. he's just not Daniel I guess. But you two were as close as anything so he has an excuse the gremlin." I laughed as I said that, an unexpected tear rolling down my cheek.

"I just miss you so fucking much Luke," I sobbed, my head now hanging low. "I probably sound like a love struck teenage girl but I fucking miss you so much. Every day I wake up, wishing that it could have been me, me that he got to first, not you, and also knowing with a couple of extra minutes you could have still been alive today. You didn't deserve a death like that, not after what you went through, it just should have been me!" I cried, hitting my fist on the tombstone in front of me.

I then glanced at the granite next to Beau, her name written in swirly letters so perfectly I just stared awe for a second. "Mum would want me to be strong, she always used to say 'Wasn't doesn't kill you better start running." I was then just stuck thinking of the memory of mums death, the memory haunting me every day since it happened.

*FlashBack*

I starred blankly at the mirror, my now dull brown eyes surrounded with black holes. I thought that after a few years it would get better, but it gets worse. I can barely even sleep anymore, all I can think about was the moment his hand left mine, the moment the other half of me left this world. Days like this just make me wish I died instead, i'm still living at home for gods sake, constantly reminded of my brothers.