Chapter 17 - Struggle

"There are so many people in the world that will tell you you can't. What you have to do, is turn around and say 'Watch me'."

Preach mother fucker.

~Skylar xx

________________

Luke's POV

His eyes widened, my whole body still shaking, as I was still trying to come to terms with it. "But, but how?" I shook my head. "I don't know, but would it be true?" Tyler backed away a little, running his hands through his black hair. "Well, Rick does look more like Beau than you and Jai.." Tyler trailed off, my eyes widening. "Jai, holy shit," I muttered, frantically running down the halls, trying to find my brother. "JAI?!"

Jai's POV

I slumped down on the couch, rubbing my temples in annoyance. Why did she have to die? She was maybe our only hope in cracking dad and Will. "We have the best luck." I whispered to myself, flicking on the TV, not taking any notice of what was on.

But I should have.

If I did I would have known someone else would be after us.

But no, my phone is more important than that isn't it?

The phone suddenly began to ring, the door knocking at the same time. I quickly stood up and answered it, while walking to the door, not even looking at who was calling. "Hello?" "Hey Jaidon." I took a shaky breath, and stopped just before I reached the door. "Rick." He chuckled. "Aw, aren't I classified as daddy anymore." I snickered. "You're definitely classified as something." That shut him up.

"Maybe you should answer the door Jaidon." He suggested, my eyes widening. "How did you-" Before I could finish, the door burst open, dad standing there, a sly smirk on his face. "Hi." He simply said, my phone buzzing, my shaking hand picking it up. "Jai where are you?!" Luke's panicked voice shouted. I gulped, seeing dad shake his finger, motioning I can't tell him he's here. "H-Home."

"Well, just listen to me. Kiley told me something before she died," I saw dad suddenly listening into the conversation, him still outside in the cold where he belonged. "Rick isn't our dad." I felt bile rising from my stomach, dad looking just as shocked. "What?!" I manged to say, dad grabbing my iPhone and smashing it into the wall, stepping slowly inside.

"That lying little whore." He muttered, his eyes suddenly filled with anger. "So, i-it's not true." He stayed quiet, before grabbing my arm and dragging me down the hall, my breath hitching in my throat, thinking the worst. I struggled in his grip, him just groaning and shoving me into the mirror, the glass shattering slightly beside me. "Stay the fuck still! Do you want me to show you something or not?!" I looked at my feet. "As long as it's not your dick." I suddenly felt a burning pain in my jaw, me feeling like I was being dragged away again.

I was shoved into Beau's room, which had been turned into a study. I felt my stomach churn just thinking of it all. Dad flicked on the light, his eyes suddenly darting to our little montage of Beau on the wall, pictures of him growing up scattered around the room. Then something unexpected happened. Tears brimmed in his cold green eyes. He must have noticed me looking, as he turned away from me, wiping his eyes frantically. I bit my lip, and put my hand on his shoulder, something I thought i'd never be doing.. ever.

He just pushed me away, with so much force that I fell on my ass. He rolled his eyes, and pulled a chain off around his neck, a key tied to it. "What's-" "Shh!" He hissed, walking to the corner of the room, a pocket knife in his hand. I watched as he cut off the carpet, the floorboards now showing. My eyes widened, as dad pulled up some of the wood, a silver box now in his hands, his eyes then darting over to my own.