Chapter 6 - Do You Remember Dad?

Jai's POV

Mum was seated at the table, along with a newly discharged Beau, also James and Daniel as well. "So what did you want to tell us Jai?" Mum asked kinda worried, obviously remembering all of the times we've been seated like this, nothing good had been said. For example; Beau's cancer and Luke's discovery (If you could call it that).

I fiddled with my finger for a second, saying something completely and utterly stupid. "Do you remember dad?" Beau looked at me like I was stupid, me noticing slight colour going back to his face, me knowing it would be flushed away in the next few minutes. "No, I don't remember the guy that tried to kill me and the rest of us." Trust him to say that.

I rolled my eyes, running my hands through my hair. "No, I, ugh just listen to me!" They all fell silent, knowing from the tone of my voice I was being serious. "Tyler got a text, saying that Leon was meeting with someone at the park, to obviously discuss Luke's whereabouts," I could tell Beau wanted to say something like 'I don't care.' But he must of realized the actual seriousness of this.

"So we went, and Leon confronted this guy with a hoodie on. We didn't know who he was, obviously, until he took it off..." I trailed off, mums eyes wide, probably knowing where I was going with this.

"Mum, did you know Kyle Brooks?" The colour drained from her cheeks, still staying quiet though. "Otherwise known as dads unknown twin brother?" James looked at me intensely, his jaw dropping as he pieced together the puzzle. "No." He muttered, Daniel looking lost. "Rick Brooks didn't die in that fire, he's still alive, his twin, Kyle did. Dad is still alive."

You could literally hear a pin drop.

Silence.

You could only hear pure silence.

Beau angrily stood up, shoving his chair across the room. "Beau calm-" "DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING TELL ME TO CALM DOWN YOU BICTH!" Everyone was now standing but mum, who just looked stunned that Beau had said that to her. 'It's the medication.' I wanted to say, but I think she knew, she'd have to, right?

"HE IS ALIVE! HE'S FUCKING ALIVE! THE EXACT MAN THAT HAS LUKE RIGHT NOW, THE EXACT MAN WHO PRACTICALLY DESTROYED THIS FAMILY, THAT WE THOUGHT WAS DEAD IS ALIVE!" His face was red from both the anger and screaming. No one obviously knew what to say, it was one of those that if you did say something, you'd either make it worse, or make it worse.

Beau began to suddenly breath rapidly, gripping onto a chair as he fell slightly, James quickly holding him up. We were used to his little anxiety attacks, so this was no different. "I can't, we can't, he'll just, he can't be," Beau constantly repeated, Daniel handing him a paper bag to help his friend breath properly again.

After he calmed down a little, mum sighed, sitting down next to her son. "What are we gonna do?" She said, looking as worried as ever. I shrugged, actually out of good ideas for once, until something popped up in my mind. "We could start by calling the Police this time, getting them involved so no one nearly gets killed this time?" She kissed Beau's forehead, who just hugged her for dear life. "That would be a good start." She muttered, smiling warmly at me.

Mum got up, and began talking to the operater. "Jai?" Beau asked, still sitting lazily on the ground. "Yeah?" "What did he say about Luke, exactly?" I could tell by the look in his eyes he was guilty about the words they had exchanged. Even after what Luke did, you could tell Beau didn't care, he just wanted his little brother to be safe.

That amazing family instinct he had made me proud to call him my brother. Under any circumstances, Beau would be there for us. He could absolutely hate us, hate us for whatever we had done, but if we were in need, he'd be there for us, ignoring our differences, and just be a big brother, a big brother Luke never had, but I had the privilege of growing up with.