thirty-one

a/n: Hey guys! I hope you like the story so far! 

Enjoy and watch out for typos as always

Katie's POV

As soon as I closed the main door to the loft, I found Scott perched next to the staircase on his phone. His eyebrows were furrowed as he scrolled through something on his phone.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked him as I slowly made my way towards him.

"No," he replied simply looking up from his phone and staring at me.

"Okay, well what's wrong?"

"Whats wrong?! Katie how can you ask me that with a straight face knowing damn well what's wrong!" he asserted, raising his voice halfway through his sentence.

"Scott if this is about me being an alpha, then you have nothing to be mad about," I started, taking a small step closer to him, "Calum could've easily been hallucinating and THOUGHT he saw my eyes get red when in reality they didn't. You can't just jump to conclusions and say that I ruined our friendship when we don't even know if I am an alpha anyways."

He looked into my eyes for a few seconds before walking towards me and quickly slashing my arm. 

I hissed in pain and looked up at him only to have him claw me again this time on my face.

"Scott, whAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I yelled as I tried to walk away only to have him come at me again.

He tried to slash my neck when I dodged him quickly before he spoke up, "trying to help Luke."

I stood still for a second looking into his, now red, eyes. Did he really just say that? Did he mean it? His composure stood strong, not backing down as he threw his hand towards my face again. This time I grabbed it, inches before it slashed through my cheek. Everything in my view became red as I growled and began to twist his arm.

His eyes widened before getting out of my grasp and going back to normal. I took a step towards him, now extremely pissed off that he was purposely harming me.

"Katie, Katie, calm down. I'm sorry I just wanted to know if your eyes actually turned red or not," He reassured trying to grab my arms to calm me down. My anger diminished at his remark and I went back to normal.

"What the hell Scott?" I spoke shrugging out of his grasp, and looking at him expectantly.

"Your eyes did turn red. You're an alpha," he addressed.

My mouth fell open as his words processed through my mind. Of course, I wanted to believe that I wasn't an alpha but a part of me already knew that I was one. I looked down at the ground before looking back up at him.

"Scott, this doesn't change anything. You and I were close even before this. I won't let this affect us," I vowed as he began to shake his head.

"No Katie, there has never been a pack with two alphas! It never works," he spoke sadly feeling defeated.

"Stop talking like that. You're basically my brother Scott. I love you and I will never leave you or let you leave. We've gone through so much just to throw away all of this. And sure no pack has ever had two alphas, but that makes us the first to have two of them. I may be an alpha physically but emotionally we both know that you are the strongest out of all of us," I countered before taking a small breath and speaking again, "Scott. I promise you, we will get through this. Please just believe me, this isn't that big a deal, compared to everything else going on right now," I pleaded grabbing both of his hands and trying to make some sort of eye contact.

His cold hard eyes softened as he let out a sigh, "I guess you're right. We're too close to let something like this break us apart."

A large smile found its way onto my face which was returned when he gave me a smile as well. I pulled him into a hug and was content when he hugged back. We pulled away and let go of each other before making our way back to the others.

Everyone stopped talking when we entered the room and we sat down.

"Okay, you guys are back," Stiles spoke clapping his hands together.

"We were just planning on possible ways to stop Luke," Kira explained giving Scott a small smile.

"Well, what do you have so far?" Scott asked.

As they began to explain what they had so far, I took a moment to look around the room. Everyone here was people that I cared about. We've been through so much together. I've always been grateful to have people like them in my life. 

I looked at Calum to find him letting out a laugh at something Mason had just said. His eyes crinkled and a large smile formed on his face. I smiled to myself at the sight. I had always found it relieving when my friends were happy because I always wanted nothing but happiness for each and every single one of them.

We're more than just a pack. We're a family.

Luke's POV

I slammed Ashton into the wall about to rip his head off of his body.

"Luke! Don't," Erika demanded, causing me to let go of the boy who wore a smirk on his face.

"I can't Erika. The plan didn't work," I huffed taking deep breaths as I glared at the curly haired boy in front of me.

"That isn't his fault. He was able to get Katie to turn into an alpha. He did his job. We're the ones who underestimated the strength of their pack," She admitted rolling her eyes in annoyance, "Ashton leave."

He left without a single word, leaving Erica, the 'bodyguards' and I alone.

"I can't believe she's an alpha and they barely even fought!" I shouted getting angry again, "You saw them at Derek's loft, Erica! Scott got mad but barely did anything. He just tested her and then they made up," I sighed.

"Well we both knew it wouldn't be easy taking them down," she acknowledged.

"I know Erica," I sighed looking at her, "I hate to admit it, but they might be too strong, even for us."

a/n: Sorry for the really short and sappy chapter I just wanted to update so I didn't leave you guys hanging!

Just about nine more chapters I think until this story will be over :,) 

I also have to ask, after this story I am going to write another Calum fic, which is more of a meaningful fanfic with lots of feelings. It's based on my best friend and we both thought it would be fun to turn her life into a fanfic so I mean might as well!

Let me know if you would read it :)

thanks for reading!