twenty-eight

a/n: Hey guys! this is my first chapter of 2017!! I hope you all had a great New Years, let's kick this year's butt :) anyways my new year's resolution is to finally finish this book oml its been 3 years since I started it :/ Comment what your new year's resolution is!

Also, this chapter will be In Stiles' POV and basically it starts right after they texted Derek Saturday morning. So same day as when Katie and Calum went to the interview.

Enjoy and watch out for typos

Stiles' POV

"^^^" I quickly typed agreeing with Scott, as I sat with my dad at the dinner table. He was dressed in his sheriff's outfit and held a cup of coffee in his right hand while his other hand was occupied by the daily newspaper. I smiled at him before picking up my spoon and eating my cereal. The silent was pleasant for once. Every day was starting to become a little less hectic recently with college apps being over. The only thing that has stressed me out this semester would have to be our crisis with Luke.

"So, did you figure out a major yet?" My dad asked, causing me to look up at him. I finished chewing before replying.

"No, not yet," I sighed before taking another bite and continuing, "I want to figure it out before I choose which school to go to," I responded pushing my now empty bowl to the side and leaning back in my chair. He set his cup and the paper down before leaning closer to me.

"Stiles, you are extremely persistent when it comes to fighting against the enemies that you guys encounter. Now I know it isn't my say in if you choose this or not, but I think that majoring in criminal justice and becoming an FBI is what you would prosper in. I know you don't have powers like the rest of you friends, but you do have a gift," He paused looking at me to make sure I was listening, I nodded for him to continue and he did, "and that gift is that you can somehow piece together different clues that somehow and someway make sense in the end. Now like I said you don't have to but, you should consider it." He finished his explanation, before patting me on the shoulder as he got up giving me a warm, and sincere smile.

I smiled back up at him before going into a long thought. Criminal justice did seem like an interesting major that I could potentially prosper in. I was pulled out of my thought as my phone dinged. Picking it up I found a text from Scott.

Scott: Hey come pick me up, we have to go to the school, something doesn't feel right.

Me: Okay on my way.

I quickly put my bowl into the sink and grabbed my jeep keys.

"Dad I'm going out with Scott, I'll be back later!" I yelled not waiting for a reply before speed walking to my car. I got in and put on my seat belt. Like always my beat up old jeep took a few tries before it started up, and soon enough I was almost half way to Scott's house.

When I got there I honked and after a few seconds, Scott came running out with a small backpack. After he sat down I started to drive to the school which was a little bit farther from Scott's house than it was from mine.

"What's in the bag?" I cocked an eyebrow and looked at him when we reached the first red light.

He smirked at me before pulling out two flashlights, and a hammer.

"And we need those because?"

"Because, Stiles, I've had this weird feeling all day that there's something in the school that we need to check out. And I'm pretty sure it's in the tunnels and you know how dark those are. And the hammer is if we need to break something down." He finished placing the flashlights and the hammer back in the bag before placing the bag down between his legs.