thirty-three

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Watch out for typos as always

Katie's POV

For about the thousandth time in the last 4 months, I walked into school paranoid. After my encounter with Allison, nothing felt real. I almost had her back. I almost got my best friend back and she was taken from me again. And it was all thanks to Luke. Lucifer. Lucas. Whatever his name was, he was a piece of shit.

I was pulled out my thoughts at the sounds of clapping and cheering coming from the end of the hallway. My eyebrows furrowed as I made my way over and turned the corner to find a promposal that had just occurred. The couple was posing for pictures with a large poster that had the infamous phrase "will you go to prom with me?" written on it in cursive. I smiled when I recognize the people to be Autumn and Tommy, a couple in my grade that had been together since freshman year. Turning back around when people started to leave, I immediately ran into another body causing my books to fall to the ground.

I groaned as I knelt down quickly, not bothering to look at who was the culprit. A deep voice chuckled and I knew who it belonged to in an instant.

"Fuck you, Cal," I laughed as I looked up to see him staring at me in amusement.

A few seconds later I stood back up and he grabbed some of my books, "here I'll help you take them to your locker."

I smiled and we walked over to my locker. As I put my books in, Calum leaned onto the locker next to mine and continued to stare. Once I put in my textbooks I grabbed the locker door and looked at him.

"Yes, Cal?"

"Huh?" He questioned.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Uh I don't know, anyways I wrote a new song," he exclaimed as he quickly changed the subject which I was fine with.

"Really? Can I hear it!" I cheered as I shut the locker and Calum's once smiling face became a thin line and he stood up straight about to jump on whoever he was looking at. I turned around to see Luke standing about a foot away from me, with his hands in his pockets and a condescending look plastered on his face.

"Hi Katie," he smiled as he looked from me to Calum, "and hello to you to Calum."

I turned back around not in the mood for whatever game he wanted to play. I grabbed Calum's arm and began to pull him away from Luke, when I felt a very cold hand grab my other arm and turn me around, releasing my grasp on Calum.

"It's rude to leave when someone is talking to you, Katie," he sneered as he tried to keep up this act of being nice. But he wasn't using the usual petname he always says. His grip on my arm was tightening and I quickly got out stumbling back and having Calum catch me.

He stepped in front of me and walked up to Luke, "whatever you're gonna try you better stop, buddy."

Luke didn't seem fazed by this. He and Calum were about the same height and neither of them looked like they were going to calm down. When I noticed people starting to stare, I pulled on Calum's arm and brought him back.

"Luke just leave us alone." I knew that didn't have much of an affect on Luke but I didn't have the time or the energy to go at it with him. Calum and I just decided to go to class a bit earlier since we have nothing better to do.

"So can I hear your song?" I asked him as we sat in silence in the empty classroom.

"You'll hear it soon enough," he responded as at the bell rang and students started to fill the classroom. I was confused but decided to just shrug it off knowing I would "hear it soon enough" anyways.