Chapter 7: The Party Awaits and So Does the Date

Rukia Kuchiki•

Rukia was suspicious through out the whole shopping experience. She and Orihime kept avoiding men's clothing stores at all costs. But she couldn't say anything about it since she never went shopping before.

This must be a normal thing that girls do when they shop.

On their 4th trip to a ethnic japenese store, Orihime chose a light pink kimono that had pale yellow lilies on the edges.

"H-How do I look Kuchiki-san?"

Orihime blushed. Rukia giggled.

"Inoue. You look as pretty as your dress."

Rukia smiled when the orange haired girl's face lit up. She hugged the small shinigami and thanked her multiple times before she actually bought the dress. The two young girls walked out of the store, eager and excited that they finished part of their shopping. They walked into 3 more stores, one selling only dog clothes, one selling hair clips, and the other selling used toilet seats.

What has gotten into humans these days?

Rukia shivered as they got out of the last store. Orihime apologized again.

"Sorry Kuchiki-san! I didn't know that we were going into that store! I thought it would sell dresses but-"

"It's fine, Inoue. I think I saw a women's clothing shop a few blocks away. Let's go."

And with that, the violet eyed female grabbed her friend's hand and lead her toward the kimono store.

•Uryu Ishida•

Blue...I need a blue kimono...

The young quincy frantically looked through the store for hours, trying to find a "quincy-like" kimono. His glasses were foggy and sweat slid down his neck and back. From the corner of his cloudy spectacles, Ichigo and Chad seemed to get more and more irritated by the second. Ishida ignored their furious looks and continued his search for the perfect outfit.

Which one would Inoue-san like? The darker azure kimono or the brighter cyan kimono? Azure? Cyan? Azure? Cyan?

"JUST FINISH UP, ALREADY!"

The strawberry's face resembled the fruit as he yelled. The blue eyed high schooler glared at him.

"Well excuse me for trying look good for a beautiful girl!"

"Are you telling me that Rukia isn't beautiful?"

Uryu's eyes widen and blushed slighty.

"T-That's not what I meant!"

"Then what did you mean, four eyes?"

"Don't call me that, strawberry!"

Their voices emanated through the store, causing customers to glance toward the three boys. Chad stood up and stared at Ichigo with a mighty rage. The orange haired high schooler shut up. The bulky high school boy then grabbed the azure colored kimono and walked up to the pay counter; he looked back at the shocked quincy.

"Pay. Up."

Ishida nodded alarmingly and took out his wallet. As he payed, he prayed that Orihime would adore the color of the darker kimono. The three left the shop the same way they left the other shop. Chad was smiling and the two smaller boys followed behind, looking half grim and half terrified. But Uryu soon smiled. He gave the substitute shinigami and mocking look and walked faster until he caught up to the tall full bringer. He and Chad had finished their shopping. And now it was Ichigo's turn.