He's Gone

Jason's POV

We had seen the land we received for the base, put our stuff away, and then we were off, ready to recruit some players to the Sky Army.

We had been driving for about three days, and we hadn't come across a single person.

We were driving through the jungle, playing I Spy again.

"I spy with my little eye, something brown." Jerome said, smiling.

"Tree trunk." Ssundee groaned.

"Right again, Ssundee! You own this game!" Jerome laughed, and Ssundee smiled.

"Ok, here we go." Mitch looked around for something. "I spy with my little eye...a house?"

I looked, and sure enough, there was a house sitting in the middle of the jungle.

"Sky! A house!" I yelled.

Sky must have gotten the message, because we began to move closer to the house until we were right in front of it.

We all piled out of the back of the wagon, Sky hopping out of the front.

"Let's go." He said, and Ssundee knocked on the door.

I was standing next to the window, and I saw three silhouettes in the house.

One moved toward the front door, and I heard a click as the player opened up the door.

"Yeah, yeah, I got it." Standing in front of us was a girl, about our age.

She had long brown hair with blue highlights, and dark blue eyes.

She also had a black hoodie with blue stripes, black shorts, and blue converse.

"Who are you?" She asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Umm..." I started, but Ssundee interrupted me. "Rose?" He asked, a tone of disbelief in his voice.

She looked at him, and her eyes widened. "I remember you...Ssundee, right?" He nodded.

"Rose, what the fudge is taking so-" someone else came to the door.

A cat hybrid was standing next to Rose. She had dark fur, green eyes, and a yellow headset that glowed green. She had a black hoodie with black shorts to match. There was a scar over her left eye, and her right ear was cut into a V-shape.

She was definitely intimidating.

"Rose, who are these people?" The cat asked.

"Darkclaw, this is Ssundee and his friends." Darkclaw's eyes widened.

"You mean, this is the guy who saved you?" Ssundee blushed and looked at his feet.

"Come on in!" Darkclaw grinned and ran inside.

Rose followed her, and Ssundee followed Rose inside.

I shrugged. "Why not?" I walked inside, and the others followed shortly after.

The house was a living room attached to's kitchen. That was it.

There was another girl sitting at the table, her nose stuck in a book.

She had long, bright blue hair and blue eyes. She was wearing dark jeans, black combat boots, and a purple hoodie.

The hoodie had a picture of a cookie on the back, and the letter "A" on both sleeves. (I bet you guys know who this is :D)

"Earth to A!" Darkclaw yelled, and the girl jumped, then smiled.

"Geez, Darkclaw. I was halfway through Divergent!" She said, pointing to her book.