Lose My Footing

Olivia's POV

I look out into the crowd, smiling at my people. The snow golems. They're an amazing race, but I wish there were some humans around to be my friends.

I'm only twelve, so being the only human in the whole kingdom AND being ruler? That's a lot to ask. But, I do it anyway. For the sake of the snow golems. I try to be as fair as possible for them.

Then, I spot them. A group of humans standing near the front. Five boys and one girl.

They all look kind of strange, but then again, I've only been out of the kingdom once in my life. I really don't know what "normal" is anymore.

I'm about to call out to them, when the snow golems lead me back inside. I walk up to my room, and collapse on my bed.

My room is my favorite room in the castle. It's made of the purest snow the architects could find. My large, four poster canopy bed sits in the center. The covers and canopy are a mixture of light blue, ice blue, and white. Little icicles hang from the canopy. My ice blue dresser sits on the wall, close to my window seat.

Yes, you heard me right. Window seat. There is a large window with a plush blue seat carved into it. I love sitting there while I read my favorite books. A fuzzy light blue carpet covers the entire floor.

Snowflake designs are everywhere. Carved into my dresser, sewn into my curtains, patterned on my covers. I slide under my bed and open up the secret door.

The secret door leads to a small hole in the ground where I keep my most precious things. I have four things in it currently. My red earmuffs and scarf, my ice sword, and my memory book. I slide the memory book out from the hole, and take it to my window seat.

I sit and flip through its pages. I see my old friends, the squids. I see my old home. The day I became the Snow Princess. So many memories, all wrapped up into a small book of happiness.

I slide the book back into the hole, and suddenly remember the humans I saw. I grab my red earmuffs and scarf, and shut the secret door.

I quickly take off my dress and tiara, and put on my favorite outfit- a bodysuit of snow. I let my hair out loose, and put on my earmuffs and scarf.

I go out to the balcony. 30 feet high into the air. Enough for most people to back away from the edge. But not me.

I swing over the ledge, and latch onto a nearby tree. My feet know the way now, I've climbed it many times. As soon as I'm down the tree, I lift my scarf up so everything but my eyes are covered.

I walk down the street, looking for them. The group of six humans. I spot them in ten minutes flat, over by the fountain. I hurry over, but lose my footing on the slippery ice and fall, sounding a crash that has the group turn.

Ouch.. I hit my head. All I see is the boy with glasses and an amulet hurrying over and I black out.

----------------------------------------------------

Don't worry, I'm not going to kill off Olivia. 😛

Also, I'm sorry I haven't been updating. SCHOOL. Ugh. Yeah, I've been struggling in math (for the very first time) and my friends are having drama....it's just ugh.

And I'm a bit lazy. 😗🎶