Giving Chase

Sky's POV

The trek back to the house was much easier, considering the fact that we had Jerome and Mitch with us, who knew the easy way.

We dodged nets, trap doors, and even a dispenser that shot out arrows like lightning.

"Geez, Jerome." I spoke up. "I know the mobs are getting bad, but are they this bad?" Jerome looked at me. "Of course, biggums."

Finally, we made it to the house. Opening up the door, I saw Ssundee taking a few slices of bread and some steak out of our cabinets.

I stopped them, and whispered. "If he does something weird, just run out of here."

Jerome and Mitch tilt their heads to one side, confused. I ignore them and open up the door.

Ssundee turns around abruptly, a look of pure fear in his eyes. I catch my breath, anxious to see how he will react to us.

When he sees it's us, his face turns as red as redstone.

"Umm...hi Sky. Hi, Ty. Hey, Jason." He waves sheepishly, and I let out a sigh of relief. He's fine. He hasn't had a...erm...episode since the first one, and that made me extremely glad and worried at the same time.

The only thing that kept nagging me was the fact that he could have an episode at any time.

I didn't ask about the food. I'd get to that later. "Hey, Ssundee. This is Jerome and Mitch, the people we told you about."

Jerome puts a goofy smile on his face, and waves. "Hey, dood." Mitch grins.

"Hi, I'm Ssundee." Ssundee whispers. Is he shy?

"Ssundee, what's with all the food?" Jason asks, a quizzical (A/N: BIG WORDS!!! WOOT WOOT!) look on his face.

I didn't think it was possible, but Ssundee's face turns an even brighter shade of red.

"I...I...umm...." He stutters. There's something he's not telling us, I can tell.

"What are you hiding from us, Ssundee?" Ty asks.

We're all in the house, far away from the door, so none of us expect it when Ssundee bolts out of the iron door in a flash.

We're all in shock for about a millisecond, when I come to my senses and speed after him.

That seems to jolt the others awake, and they come running behind me.

Ssundee's POV

I'm running away, running from them. I can't tell them what I've really been through. They'll think I'm crazy.

Just keep running, I tell myself. Running, running....

That's when I realize it. I'm not running. I'm swimming. I turn, and there it is.

My old prison.

I scream and swim faster. Got to get away, away from all of them! The evil squids!!

I look over my shoulder, when I see them.

Five squids. All chasing after me. I notice one is smaller than the others, but I banish the thought from my mind, and replace it with adrenaline.

I swim faster, and faster. I feel fear overtaking my mind, and before I know it, I don't seem to have any control over my limbs.

I collapse, but somehow, I don't sink. Then, the world goes black.