We Found It

Ssundee's POV

"I spy, with my little eye, something that is green." Jerome said.

"Tree." I groaned. We had been playing for hours, and it was always tree.

Red and her younger sister and brother were on the wagon, and after we had done the introductions, we were on the move again.

"Yep." Jerome grinned. "Trees, trees, everywhere!"

I had to smile at that one. Josh laughed, and Lily giggled quietly.

I had noticed Lily was quiet. She didn't speak much, unlike her twin. Quiet, like Rose.

Rose. I squeeze my eyes shut, and when I open them, I don't see Lily, I see Rose.

"Rose?" I ask, and another boy who I vaguely recognize from the prison turns and stares at me.

I'm surrounded by old prison mates.

Something in the back of my mind is telling me to fight it, to fight the memory, but before I can get a grasp on it, it disappears.

The boy's eyes widen.

Mitch's POV

Jerome's starting another round of I Spy, when I see it. Ssundee squeezes his eyes shut.

He opens them again, and for a minute, I think everything's fine. Nothing's wrong.

Then he speaks. "Rose?" He asks, looking directly at Lily. The wagon goes silent.

My eyes widen, and I stand and walk over to him slowly, hoping he doesn't see me as an enemy.

I search my brain, trying to remember if he mentioned a person named Rose, and then I get it.

Rose was the only other girl who survived the breakout. I can only hope I'm not a squid to him.

"Ssundee?" I ask, and he doesn't attack me.

His eyes are glazed over, and his expression is vague. Oh, crap.

"Ssundee!" I yell, trying to snap him out of it.

The wagon slams to a stop.

"Get behind me, right now." Red tells the twins, and they obey immediately, shaking.

"Does he see us as enemies?" Sky's voice makes me jump. I didn't see him get out of the driver's seat.

"No, I don't think so. He didn't attack me." I answer.

Sky takes a deep breath. "Ssundee, it's Sky. Can you hear me?" He asks, keeping his voice calm.

No response.

"It's usually not like this." Sky explains to both Quentin and Red, who have never seen one of his episodes.

"He usually talks to us." He finishes.

"And tries to kill us." Jerome mutters, and Jason gives him a look and points to the twins.

I shake his arm. "Ssundee, wake up." I say.

Suddenly, he blinks rapidly, and seems to wake up.

"Holy Notch," he says. "What happened?"

He notices the twins behind Red, shaking.

"I had an episode, didn't I?" He asked sadly.

"Yeah." Jason said softly. "You didn't try to hurt us, though."

Ssundee sat on ground. "I'm a monster."

"No, you're not. You're a good person with a bad disease." Jerome said, and I elbowed him in the ribs. "What? I'm just telling the truth."

"Look at me, Jerome! I scared the twins! Is that a good person?" He yelled.

"No, no it's not. But that's not you. I've seen the real you, when you're not in an episode. And that is a good person." I said.

He gave a tiny smile. "I guess so. But I've got to figure out a cure for this. I don't want to hurt anyone else."

We stayed silent as Sky started the wagon again, and then something happened that made me smile.

Lily scooted closer to Ssundee. "I don't think you're a monster. You're nice." She said.

Ssundee smiled. "Thanks."

*************two days later**************

Sky's POV

This trip was beginning to be boring. The most exciting thing I did today was find a chicken. How riveting.

I drove the wagon over a hill, swerving slightly to avoid rocks.

Then I saw it.

A glitter of yellow way in the distance. No way....

"Guys! Look!" I yelled.

There was a lot of noise as thy tried to get to the front of the wagon.

"Ow!" "Sorry, biggums." "-stepped on my foot!" "My headphones!"

Everyone appeared in one piece, with Ty frantically straightening his headphones back on his head.

"Holy Notch.." Red breathed, and that pretty much covered what was going through my mind.

I drove closer, and I could see it more clearly. The outline of a huge butter castle, surrounded by a wall built from both stone and butter.

"We found it." I breathed. The place I was destined to rule.

The Butter Kingdom.

*****************************************

Soooooooo I sent a letter to Sky two days ago, and I may have mentioned my Wattpad.....HASHTAG YOLO B****ES.

BIEEEEEEE ALL MY CHOCOLATE CHIPS!!!! JOIN THE COOKIE TODAY!