58.

Wake up and live. That's all I had to do right. I think ending things would make everything a little bit better, but I don't know if that's actually resolved anything.

Zayn hasn't exactly talked to me about it and he hasn't seen me in two days since I've been locked down here.

The same doctor walks in and I smile slightly before looking down at my shoulder that's been stitched up.

"How are you feeling today?"

"I'm alive." I shrug.

"That you are Miss Lacy." He nods at my morbid behaviour.

He looks down at my untouched food and I hold his gaze. "No, I haven't eaten."

He writes something down on his clipboard before frowning down at me.

"You should eat. Otherwise that baby, will be no baby. You're lucky you're still carrying."

I circle my arms protectively around my stomach. "Where's Zayn?"

"The father of your child is in London. He'll be returning soon to see you. In the meanwhile, I suggest you eat." He says.

I sigh annoyed. "Are you keeping me captive down here?"

"I'm keeping an eye on your baby, Miss Lacy."

"No, Miss Lacy."

"Then why won't you let me out." I say, my voice dropping two octaves.

"Masters orders."

"Exactly, he's keeping me captive." I shake my head as I sit up off the bed.

I stare at him for a moment before nodding.

He awkwardly makes his way towards me and shoves his hands deep into his pockets as I stand to my feet. I grab my food off the wheelie table and place it on my bed before turning to look at Zaidan.

"Um, Zayn hasn't been back from London for a while. Victoria called and said he hasn't slept." Zaidan says as he stands in front of me.

"Is that supposed to make me happy?" I frown.

Zaidan opens his mouth to say something but stops himself.

"We're not together anymore. This should make you happy, right? It's what you wanted." I glare at him.

"When are you going to stop hating me?" Zaidan questions sadly. "I'm sorry if I said something that offended you or Zayn, but I-"

"You shouldn't have kissed me. " I reply.

"Well I'm sorry I can't help what I feel for you." Zaidan scowls and I sober immediately. "You gave me mixed signals Alissa. I'm sorry. I just want us to be like how we were before that kissed happened!"

"Like what Zaidan! Watching movies all day together, going out on dinner dates with my boyfriends brother. There were so many times we were close enough to kiss Zaidan. Anyone one on the street would think we were a couple because we were too close."

Zaidan is rendered speechless again.

"It'll never be the same between us." I say sternly.

He nods sadly before looking down at his fingers

"I just thought, you had something for me at least."

I shake my head. He finally nods and sighs as defeat washes over him.

I hurt him. I really hurt him. And all he's done for me is tried to help me and I just keep hurting and pushing him.

"I'm sorry." He clears his throat and attempts to smile as his eyes glisten.