50.

"So why are we here?" Boots frowns as I walk inside to grab the next duffel bag and place it in the boot of the car.

"Just shut up and help me."

Boots frowns and bends down to unzip the bag. "Why do you need these?"

"I'm stocking up my weapons. What does it look like?!" I shrug before grabbing the last bag and placing it in the car.

"What are they for?"

"Protection." I murmur.

"Protection from what?! What happened at the meeting with the slave circle?! You haven't told me anything."

I shrug and close the boot. "Let's go."

I grab my phone out of my jacket and call Alissa as I turn they key in the ignition.

It takes a few dial tones, but she finally answers.

"Hey you." Alissa says quietly.

"Why are you whispering?" I frown.

"I'm in a library."

"I'll come by and pick you up. I need to talk to you about something."

"Oh god. Now I'm going to worry."

"There's nothing to worry about." I murmur quietly before hanging up.

"Is this a part where I'm supposed to be concerned about my life because you're talking on the phone while driving." Boots jokes.

"You've been with me the last three years and you worry about your life now."

Boots smirks. "Logic, my friend. Logic. So are you going to tell me what happened in that meeting and why you've got weapons that will last you a year in the back of your car?"

"No." I shrug as he gapes at me.

"But why?"

"You look so betrayed right now, 'my friend'." I say quietly before turning onto the road the library was on.

"Tell me."

I roll my eyes. "Stop."

"You're so complicated."

I ignore him and gaze down at my watch before reverting my eyes on the road and parking in the parking lot beside the library.

Turning the key in the ignition, Boots gets out of the car and I stop him as he walks behind me. "Stay in the car."

"Huh?"

I shrug. "Please?"

He blinks at me as if he's never heard me say please. "Huh?"

"I'll get her. I don't need you to help me get her."

"What are you doing?" He frowns as I back away and walk back into the library.

My phone begins to ring loudly and a few shushes come at me as soon as I walk inside. I scowl to myself and turn my phone down before skimming every head I see in the library.

I clear my throat when I see one of the librarians watching me and I continue further into the library to find Alissa stuck into a book that looks as if it's almost finished.

"Hey?" I sit down beside her and she jumps from a fright before smiling.

"Hi." She closes her book after placing a book mark inside and I raise my eyebrow at her as I read the title.