1

"Maybe if you didn't gamble all our money away we wouldn't be in this dump!" Screams filling the small run down house bringing lots of attention from our neighbours.
I covered my ears with the half torn pillows on what could be reconised as a bed... if you squint a little, and blocked out the constant arguing from my mother and father.
We were not always so bad off, we used to have a big house and a nice car that my father would drive me to school everyday in at Karasuno High but they pulled me out since they couldn't keep up with the school fees and my after school volleyball practice. I wish I could still play volleyball, but I couldn't put my family in more stress then it already is so I had to let go of my dream.

"Hinata!" My fathers yelling went straight through my ears to my heart ached knowing something bad was probably going to happen, I got up quickly and fast walked to where my family was fighting in the kitchen. Natsu was sitting on the table with one half of her stuffed bunny that had been ripped apart by a stray dog the other day.

"Hinata darling" My mothers sickly sweet voice made me want to throw up "Go outside with Natsu and tell us when a car pulls in" She demanded and I nodded before she could even assume I would object.

I picked up Natsu from the table and held her on my hip, she was really light for a ten year old. As I passed my dad who was staring me down as I carried Natsu he hit the back of my head to make me leave faster, I of course walked faster causing Natsu to jump a little when my leg moved forward until I got out of the front door.

The cold air bit at my nose and I pulled Natsu closer to me in an attempt to keep out the cold, it was snowing heavily outside and we both didn't have the right clothing for the weather. I started to shiver and Natsu held my neck understandingly.

"I'll warm you, big brother!" She said in my ear and I gave her a smile

"Thank you Natsu, you're my hero" I replied and she giggled before holding my neck tighter, she wouldn't know that I was the one desperately trying to keep her warm.

Cars zoomed past our house, some drivers turning their head in our direction trying to figure out if we were homeless children or not. I don't blame them for thinking so, we were skinny and ragged because our parents used money for themselves other then us, we are forced to eat leftovers and buy or steal our own things if we want something. But we were not all that bad off, sometimes when I wonder the streets by myself or with Natsu and we find some coins that have fallen from peoples wallets.

A small run down car pulled up in front of us, I would have gone inside to tell my parents if I didn't recognise the car. An older man rolled down the window and smiled with his cracked, black teeth. I rolled my eyes and groaned and Natsu cringed at the 80 year old looking man who always came around anytime we were outside.

"Hey kids! Whatcha doin'?" He asked, his voice was raspy like he just came back from a nuclear power plant of steroids then decided to smoke 100 packs of cigarettes white eating cockroaches. 

"Go away creep" I yelled and adjusting Natsu on my hip, she bounced awkwardly then wiggled a little to get comfortable again before returning to stare at the man.

"Don't be like that Hinata, you know me" He replied and continued his creepy smile.

"Why do you insist in bothering us?" I asked, his smile dropped and he opened the car door. I put down Natsu and pushed her behind me faster then he could take a step closer. He stopped just outside of the open car door seeing how we were both ready for him to come closer.

"How mean! I'm hurt!" He said putting is fist to his heart and frowning but smiling soon after at his dull joke.

"Get back in your car and leave, you're not welcome" I said sternly, my voice got lower in my frustration.  He looked at me with a sour look before sitting back down in the drivers seat of his car.