Chapter 24

Mitchell

I was eating a bag of Doritos while sitting in frobt of the tv when i heard the front door open. My hand froze midway with the chip in my hand. He was home. I didnt knnow how to feel about it. I dont know if i coukd face alex. Not after how he haf treated me. I got up from my position and was about to go wheb his voice stopped me.

"Mitchell. Please stop."

There was a pleading  tone to his voice. I stared at the bag of chips in my hands. I had never felt so low in my life before. The one thing ihad thought of necer throwing away i just did just that. Atleast  thats what alex made me feel. But the pleading voice in his voice made me stop.

"Look i know that i havd been a dick," alex said.

Talk about that. I rolled my eyes at that thanking that alec was facing my back. I dont think i would have looked up ar him just yet. I dont say anything to his statement and i guess that he realizes that i wasnt going to speak.

"I am sorry about the morning mitchwll. I truly am. You had to know it was my first as well," he said.

I froze at his words. This was hus first time as well? But did he had to be a complete dick in the morning? Ge made me feel completely and uterly worthless. Just like sam. I shook my head to get rid of the thought. I wanted to move farword and it wasnt goinf to happen until i completely forgot about him.

"I came to amend my mistake mitchell. You have tp understand that it wasnt easy for me. I didnt knew how to act mitch!"

St that i finally turned around to facce alex. Both of his hands were behind his back and he was wearing the mosr apologetic look i had ever seen. It made my heart melt.

"Still you could have done better than how you acted," i muttered.
"I hope these would make you understand how sorry i am?" Alex asked.

He held out his hands and i saw that he was holding abbouqet of flowers and a box of chocolate. I didnt know why but just the sight of these things made me smile.

"Fine. You are forgiven," i said.
"Thanks," alex said, handing the flowers to me, "i hope you like these."
"I love them," i said, smelling the flowers.
"Dont bother with dinner. You and i are going out tonight," alex said, as he walked past me to his room.

Setring the box of chocolate aside i placed the bouqet of flowers in a vase in the living room. They were just so pretty. Alex apologizing about his behavior sure had made me happy. In a better mood now i went to my own room to see what i should wear tonight.

As i was looking through my clothes it dawned on me that it was the first time since alrx was taking me out on his own. My hand stilled on a piece of cloth as a i felt stomach clench at the thought. Should i go witv him or not?

Alex

Seeing mitchell smile like that made me feel relaxrd and for the first time since our marriage made me happy. But i soon frowned as i remembered that just a minute earlier i had said to mitchelk that we were going out. Great. Why couldnt i think before axting?

Glancing at my watch there was just enough time for ne to take a nap before taking mitchell out.

At dinner time

I wore a casual dress since i wasnt in the mood to go to a formal place. It wasnt like i needed mitchell to be impressed by me anyway. Especially not adter what we had done. I couldnt stop the smile that spread on my face as i thought about last night. If i am being completely honest then that was the best night of my life.

After i got ready i walked out of my room to mitchells and knocked on the door. I only had to wait for a few seconds before the door was opened by mitchwll herself. She looked fabulous. She was also wearing a casual dress but somehow her flushed cheeks added in the beauty. I could feel a shift in air between us. Not wanting to ponder too much i broke the silence by saying, "lets go shall we?"

Mitchell only nodded to my question and the two of us walked out of our apartment. I drove towards my favorire fast food place of all time. I wanted mirchell to get to know the real me.

"I hope we arent going anywhere formal," mitchell said.
"Dont woery. I am taking you to a casual place," i said.

After this there was silence and as i stopped ay a red light i turned to mitchell to see her already loking at me.

"Whats yiur favorite color?" I asked.

My question caused mitchell to let out a small laugh.

"Whats so funny?" I asked, frowning.
"Are you playing the twenty questions game with me?" Mitchell asked.
"If it would help get to know you better then yes," i shrugged my shoulders.
"In that case i get to ask you questions as wrll," mitchell said.
"Sure go ahead," i said.
"My favorite color is yellow. Yours?" She asked.
"Yellow?" I asked, surprised.
"Yup. Why do you sound so surprised?" She asked.
"I thought girls liked pink," i ssid.
"Well i dont. What about you?" She asked.
"I havent avtually thought about it," i shrugged.
"Come on. Everybody has a favorite color," she said.
"Whar was it like to grow up with two brothers?" I asked.
"Totally overprotextive. And still are," mitchell laughed.

We arrived at my place which was called Burger King.

"Burger king?" Mitcgell aaked.
"You dont like this? We can go somewhere else," i said.
"No its just i didnt thought this was your kind of place," she said.
"You dint know a lot of things about me mitvhell," i pounted out.
"True," she nodded.

The two of us walked into the restaurant not caring that we would be faced with the rwo demons from our past.

The second part of this chapter will be continued in the next update! Feedback is always appreciated! :)

Chocolate-Lover93