Chapter 9

Mitchell

After the small argument with Alex i slid down the wall and placed my head into my hands. I thougjt that maybe i could really talk to him and we could make an agreement. This place was becomimh more and more small each day.

But i also didnt want to go back to my parents house. I didnt want to disturb them with my problems and think that i was still a kid. I wanted to handle this on my own in my own way. I wanted to be able to fight my own battles. Kyle and jared had been protecting me since i was a child.

Now i felt like i was nig enough to handle my own problems. But how to initiate the talk with Alex? Everytime i tried taking a step farword he would get angry and we would again be on square one. The ringing of the bell made me jump back to the present. Who could it be? Alex had his own key to the apartment.

Getting up from my spot i made my way to the front door.

"Yes?" I asked, not openinh the door just yet.
"Its Mrs. Calahar sweetie. Alex's mother," the woman called

Shit! Alex's mother was here? What was she doing here?

Most probably came here to see Alex dummy, my subconsciousness replied

Taking a fdeep breath i opened the door and stepped aside to let Alex's mother in.

"Um Alex isnt home yet," i said softly
"I know dear. I cane to talk to you," alex's mom said
"Do you need somethimg? I mean to drink or tea?" I stuttered
"Just tea woulf be good," mrs. Calahar smiled at me.

I nodded and made my way to the adjoining kitchen. I set the teapot on the oven with water to boil. I could feel alex's mom eueing my every move and that made me even more nervous. I just hopef that i dont make a fool of myself.

"You are different from that friend of yours," mrs. Calahar said.

I knew she was talking about saddie. It hurt to think about her and her betrayal. I shook away the dark thoughts. I poured the hot tea into two cups and gave one to alex's mom. I then took out some cookies from a jar and ser them on the table too.

"Thank you dear. I like you you know," alex's mom said.

It was easier to call her alex's mom than mrs. Calahar because well technically now i was mrs. Calahar as well. And it would be weird for me. So i settled with alex's mom.

"Um thanks i guess,"i said shyly.
"Any progress wiyh my son?" She asked.
"Still at square number 1 i guess," i shrugged my shoulders.
"Do you want to work tthis out?" Sge asked.
"I guess. I mean i am married to alex right? Whether it was meant or not but i am married to him. Maybe it was fate's doing or not but the least i could do is try to work thing out between us," i said.
"I definitely like you. If yoi are willing enouhh Trish and i will help youtoo," alex's mom said.
"I have ti give it one try right?" I asked.
"Sensible and smart," she said.

I blushed as i took in her compliment.

"Good. Now here's a list of what Alex likes. I believe you are a good cook as well?" Alex's mom asked.
"I guess. I mean my food is edible," i said.
"Great. Cook him dinner tinight. Dont try to aboid him," she said
"But he always ignores me," i froened.
"You are a girl mitchell. Use your head," she smilef at me.

I stared after her in confusion as she set her empty tea cup on the tablr and stood up.

"This was the best tea i had ever had in a while," alex's mom smiled at me.
"Thanks," i said, feeling a bit at ease around her.
"Try to avtually win him over," she said.

I stared after her as she left the apartment. She jusg came to say all that stuff? I sighed anf looked down at the piece of paper in my hand.

Alex's Likes:
Lasagnia
Meat balls
Pepperoni and cheese pizza
Chicken with Cashew nuts

Along witb the food likes there were also several other thijgs. Looks like i got work to do.

Alex

I was at the art company that i worker in. I was the Fine Artist of the company. I got paid a decent salary that maintained my lifestyke. But recently our interior designer had resigned due to some home matters and now we were looking for a new employee.

I was in my boss's ofgice when my phone rang. Looking at the caller ID i saw that it was mom. Excising myself i picked up the call.

"Yes mom?" I whispered.
"Are you busy Alex?" Mom asked
"Yeah i am. Why?" I asked
"Oh nothing just wanted to tell you that you should go home earlier," she said.
"Whats so special about today?" I questioned.
"Alex hurry up," boss called out.
"Mom i have to go," i whispered.
"Are you in a meeting?" Mom asked

Why was mom asking so many questions? This was a bit unusual.

"Yeah we are discusding new interviews for the interior designer post," i said.
"Let me talk to yout boss," mom said
"What? Why?" I asked
"Just fo as i say, Alexander," mom said.

There was no arguing her whenever she used my full name.

"Sir my mother neeeds to speek with you," i sighed.

I hoped that mom doesnt make me lose my job. This was all i got.

"Sure," boss saif.

I watched boss's facial expression carefully ranging from suprise to shock and tgen happiness. Huh? What was my mother talking ti him about?

"Here ya go Calahar. Tomorrow i would like to meet your wife," boss said with a smile.
"What? Why sir?" I asked surprised
"Just do as i say Calahar. Tomorrow at 9 am sharp," boss said, going back to his work.

So a bit of information about Alex's company:
Head manager: deals with all projects
Graphic artists: deals with graphic designs
Fine artists: ranging from painters to sculptures and sketching
Interior designers: deals with interiors of homes, offices and shops
Craftsmenship: deals with crafts.
And the most important: finance department.

Feedback would be appreciated! :)

Chocolate-Lover93