part twenty four

_
"has your mind changed yet, draco?" bellatrix sang, running the tip of her wand on the underside of adrian's chin. draco watched as adrian tried to conceal his gulp but his nerves were getting to him.

"i though free will was included in the martin luther-type speech," draco muttered sarcastically, hand itching to his wand. "motivational, i tell you."

voldemort chuckled in amusement and draco wanted to punch him in the face. this wasn't funny. none of this was fucking funny. "you amuse me, draco. truly. not many people would be able to stand against me like you have."

draco sneered at him, stepping towards adrian. "what a fucking honour," draco spat, making his way towards his best friend, probably one of the very few people he has left. quite possibly the only person, in fact.

fenrir curled his lips back before snarling loudly. "not another step or i rip his throat out!"

draco halted automatically. adrian smiled sadly. "i wasn't going to leave you to them, draco. listen to them."

"yes draco," bellatrix giggled cruelly. "listen to us. save your best friend."

"we hoped you wouldn't make us resort to this," voldemort sighed mock-regretfully, his red eyes shining. "but you did leave us no choice, draco."

"don't try to put this on me," draco hissed, glaring harshly at voldemort. "you're the one who can't take no for an answer!"

"it's your legacy," voldemort insisted, pulling his wand out of his robes. "and you would want to live up to it, i assume? this is what your parents would want of you."

"you've been dead thirteen years, voldemort," draco spat, clenching his hands into fists. "you know nothing of what my parents would have wanted for me."

"or lack thereof," fenrir grunted, grinning madly.

"you're not going to cooperate, are you?" bellatrix finally asked, sounding sane for once. however, her smile was so fake and full of so much malice draco would have flinched if he didn't know better. draco shook his head, eyes still on a frowning adrian. bellatrix sighed. "bring him in, rodolphus."

bellatrix and adrian moved to the side and rodolphus strolled in, dragging a very reluctant blaise zabini in behind. draco's eyes widened.

voldemort grinned viciously. "now, how about we we begin?"

draco shook his head out of the memory and continued with his walk with granger. he held her small hand as she skipped happily through the corridor, waving at everyone who payed her even the smallest bit of attention.

as it was an oddly sunny day—warm too, which was shocking itself for a place like the entire uk—and granger hadn't stop nagging him about it and that they should 'go out' and play, even though draco absolutely refused on 'playing'. he had his book, grangers sketch pad and her colour pencils in his hand, telling her they'd sit under a tree near the lake.

"are you okay?" granger asked him as soon as they were settled under a tree. draco was leaning against the trunk, his book open but he wasn't really reading the book, just looking at it. she was sitting by his outstretched legs, her sketch pad in her hands.

draco shrugged, obviously not about to tell a six year old his problems. "i'm just tired," he settled with, knowing granger enough to understand that she wouldn't rest if he said 'nothing'.

granger slumped a little before peeking up quickly once more. "we could always make cookies again! but this time chocolate flavoured!"

draco rested the back of his head on the trunk. "we made a whole batch of cookies last night, granger."

"since when do you bake?" another voice cut in, a voice draco knew all-too well.

draco opened his eyes then turned his head to the side. pansy stood there, her hands on her hips and a smirk on her face. "it's a great remedy when it comes to dealing with bullshit. like you, actually."

granger opened her mouth to scold him for using 'bad language' but pansy beat her to it. "foul-mouthing in front of a child, are we? it's a wonder how parents haven't killed you yet."

"just my own," draco joked coldly, smiling despite the fact that it wasn't funny at all. it even wiped the smirk off pansy's face.

pansy sighed and sat down next to granger. she pulled out a bag of sweets then held them out to him. "peace offering."

draco eyed them. if there was one thing he admired about pansy, it was that she understood people like draco didn't want pity. daphne pushed him, while pansy knew that the best way for draco to open up is with time.

pansy had been through some shit too.

when draco didn't take the sweets, pansy shrugged then handed them to granger. the little brunette girls nose scrunched up at the sight of sweets. "my mum and dad say sweeties are bad for you teeth."

"well, mum and dad aren't here," pansy stated nicely. "and they won't know if you brush your teeth well."

granger though for a bit before nodding quickly, her face splitting due to the large grin. draco turned his attention back to pansy. "what d'you want?"

pansy shrugged and leaned back on her hands. "i just want us to talk."

"we talked, now you should leave," draco drawled, not bothered with whatever pansy had to say. he opened his book and payed it the attention he wouldn't give others.

"mcgonagall wanted me to come and fetch you," pansy drew out, gouging his reaction. "said that there was someone who wanted to speak to you."

"there's always someone who wants to speak to me. i just don't want to speak to them."

"it seemed important," pansy carried on, watching in amusement as granger stiffened her face full of liquorice wands. "and she didn't tell me who it was. just that you should go visit her now."

draco bit his lip in thought. he really, really didn't want to go. however, if he plays nicey-nice, maybe it'll have an effect on the outcome regarding his sentence with the ministry. but does draco even care?

"i'll watch granger for you," pansy offered, pushing herself forward. "just... i know you don't care, but play by their rules. it'll be so much easier and the endgame will be worth it."

draco snapped his book close and watched both pansy and granger. sure, maybe pansy was right but that doesn't mean he wants it to be true. so he just stood up, handed the book to pansy then told granger, "i'll be back later. you'll stay with pansy until then."

granger nodded. "bye!"

"bye," he muttered in return, watching in mild shock as pansy took quite the liking to little granger. he passed through crowds of kids and through the corridors until he faced the gargoyle.

draco knocked the door once and as he went to lock again, it jerked open. mcgonagall seemed pretty grim while she looked him over. "come in, me malfoy."

draco stepped inside once mcgonagall stepped away. draco was about to close the door but the headmistress stopped him. she slipped out the room and draco was alone, all portraits covered but one.

dumbledore smiled at draco, while he felt his own stomach drop. of course this bastard would want to see him and make a huge fucking deal out of it.

"draco," dumbledore said, eyes twinkling. "i'm pleased you showed. i've been meaning to talk to you."

—————————–

it's been nearly a week since i last updated what even am i. legit i'm sorry guys this entire week has been super stressful with school and so much shit has been happening i haven't had the time.

anyyyyway, i would just like to put out the fact that pansy parkinson is my motherfucking queen so she's not here to try and break up dramione, she's here because i can't just not include her.

anyone seen the bye bye man? me and my friends are gonna go watch it and i just wanna know if it's good or not but it seems pretty cool.

next part is pansy and hermione bonding!

-bee.