Chapter 18

I flew into an empty Arkham cell and clenched my fists. Joker was out again. I clenched my jaw as well and then tried to control my growing anger. This wasn't me, I never got this angry. Not being able to keep it in I slammed my fist against the wall leaving a good size dent.

"How could you let this happen?" I yelled at the warden. She stood in the doorway of the cell with pursed lips.

"The man who got him out phased through the wall. Actually," she said matter-of-factly, "he looked an awful lot like a Martian." Her tone was flat and she gave me a pointed look.

"I know it may have looked like Martian Manhunter helped him, but he didn't."

"Right," the warden scoffed.

"Habitum, you may have heard of him, he's a villain who can disguise himself as anyone and take their powers." I explained and she nodded.

"I've heard of him. Already have a cell ready." I felt like laughing because there was no way Habitum would land in an Arkham Asylum cell. I left Arkham and started flying towards Mount Justice. I got a call from Red Hood and answered.

"What now?" I asked harshly.

"I imagine you're aware of Joker's escape." He stated.

"Yes, very aware. He disguised himself as Martian Manhunter."

"So, he's supposedly from some other planet and under someone also from another planet. Great. So much to go on." Red Hood said sarcastically.

I stayed silent on my end and heard him sigh.

"Could you possibly have anything to help figure out where there from?" He asked desperately.

"Let's see," I said pretending there was hope. "we have Darkseid, Brainiac, um, Lobo?"

"Think, Crystal, think!"

"I'm trying!" I yelled and landed on a random rooftop.

"Look I've got to go, bye." I immediately said hanging up.

"Okay Chris," I said to myself, "what do you need to find out? Where did Maxwell Lord go? Well, obviously that doesn't matter anymore since he's not Habitum's boss." I felt like a lunatic talking to myself on a rooftop. "When is the bomb going to go off? Bruce is working on that. Where is Habitum from? Red Hood has got that. Who is the mole? All on me. Who is Habitum's boss? Yet to be established." I sighed and felt a lot calmer now that I had figured every thing out.

I decided it was time to actually figure out who was the mole. I flew to the nearest zeta tube and walked into Mount Justice.

"Well, what are we going to do about Joker?" My dad asked.

"For now, nothing." I stated looking at Bruce. "We have other questions to answer first." He nodded and I walked over to the desk he was sitting at. From my quick look around it appeared that only my dad and Bruce were in the room so I took the folded piece of paper out.

"I've narrowed it down." I said and he unfolded the note.

"I agree." He said once he had finished reading. He picked a pencil up and crossed out one name and handed it back to me.

I took the paper back and saw he had crossed out Blue Beetle's name leaving three.

Larcener, Robin, and NightWing.

Great.

"Mark has left the team." I said and Bruce nodded grimly.

"I figured it was coming." Was all he said before getting back to his work.

"Approximated time till bomb should go off?" I asked already scared for the answer.

"I've estimated four to seven days."

The truth settled over me and I stormed out of the main room towards the kitchen. I needed a distraction anything.