Chapter 8

Bruce hadn't said a word since we told him what happened. We all agreed that this Red Hood had probably left us the note.

"What do you think Bruce?" My dad asked him, probably noticing his quietness.

"What do I think?" Bruce started harshly, "I think this guy is a Joker wannabe. I've never heard of him before, never seen him before, but frankly I don't want to!" We all just stared at him wide-eyed. "Let's just pay attention to the real matter. Habitum and the Gene Bomb."

"Shouldn't we at least try to stop him first?" Tim said stepping forward. Bruce laid a heavy glare on him. "If this guy took Joker's old name then maybe we should talk to the Joker."

"No!" Bruce yelled, "Not, under any circumstances, are any of you seeing the Joker."

"But maybe he knows something!" Tim argued.

"The monster has been in Arkham for two months. Let's keep it that way."

Everyone dispersed, but the senior members stayed.

"Bruce, is there anything you would know about this guy?" My dad asked with a solemn look on his face. He knew it was hard for him to talk about this. Even I knew that.

"No, I've never heard of him. I don't know anything." Bruce said with a shrug. My dad nodded and turned towards us.

"I don't want this guy running around Gotham. Supergirl and NightWing, you guys are going to Arkham." We both nodded and I looked towards Bruce, but he was just staring at the ground. He looked scared. Like in standing in front of my greatest enemy scared. I guess that could partially be due to the fact that Rick and I will be.

***

As we walked down the corridor I couldn't help but shudder. This suit that was supposed to give me confidence wasn't helping.

The Joker had his own cell on his own level. Talk about protection, although it was needed. Once we got close enough you could hear laughter. I quickly looked at Rick and he just nodded as if to say, "Lets just get this over with."

"I have guests?" I heard Joker say. "But where's my party favor?" He sat behind a little table in a folding chair. Rick and I stood across from him. His cell was four concrete walls and a metal platform.

"We need to talk Joker." Rick stated crossing his arms.

"Wait, I remember you." Joker said pointing at Rick, "Secret Santa? No, no." He paused for a bit thinking. "Now I remember. You're the one that put me in here." He said laughing again.

"Do you know anything about a crime lord named Red Hood?" That was the first sentence I had spoken to Joker in a long time. Last thing I said was at the abandoned carnival warehouse. The glare Joker gave me felt like lasers.

"What's his name?" He asked still glaring.

"Red Hood?" I said before Rick's hand could reach my mouth. Joker flipped the little table over and stood up.

"That's my name!" He yelled with a crazed look in his eye. "He had no right to steal my name!" Rick had pulled out his batons and was ready. When Joker saw the weapons he immediately calmed down. "Now I don't think those are necessary."

Rick still held them in his hands while Joker asked, "Who is he?"

"We don't know,"

"What does he look like?"

"We. Don't. Know." I said irritated.

"Then why would you come to my humble home and disturb me?"

"We thought he might have a connection to you." Rick said putting the batons back. Joker started laughing again.

"I have no connection to him. Now leave before I shoot you." We both stepped back with wide eyes. Joker then lifted up his hand and formed a gun.

"We don't have time for games." Rick hissed.

"Games? Oh I'm good at games."

"We're done." Rick said walking towards the door. Joker again started laughing as we left his cell. This guy gave me the creeps. We leave Arkham and get ready to go back to Mount Justice when Bruce said to me, "Get. Here. Now." It seems that Rick got the same message and we zeta to Mount Justice.

"What is it?" I yelled once we got there. The whole team was in the Main Room looking grim.

"Habitum has managed to complete the bomb." Bruce said typing away.

"What!" Rick and I exclaim at the same time.

"It's a small one, but definitely capable of damage." All of us went silent until Rick spoke up,

"Do we have any sort of plan?"

"Actually we do." Bruce said turning towards all of us. "Blue Beetle may have a solution. We're not sure if it will work. It could make the bomb completely unstable, but we have to take that chance."

"How do we know he made a bomb? Where's the bomb?" Rick asked confused.

"We picked it up on our sensors, but we're still trying to figure out wher- No, it can't be."

"What?" My dad exclaimed taking a look at the screen.

"It's on the Watchtower." Bruce said so quietly I could barely hear him.

"I want all members to find that bomb." My dad commands and we all run towards the zeta tube. Once on the Watchtower, we all search. Justice League members are confused, but don't say anything.

"Have any of you found it?" Bruce asked.

"No." I answered, but someone else said,

"Yes! By the medical bay." I fly towards the medical bay, praying we have time. When I get there Blue Beetle just arrives as well and he quickly pulls out a blue tube.

"This should do it." He said, but before he can do anything the bomb expands and what looks like to be a portal forms.

"W-what's happening?" Impulse stuttered.

"It's getting ready to explode. Hurry." Rick yelled grabbing the device from Blue Beetles hands. Rick throws it into the bomb and the bomb immediately turns blue.

"I-It's growing." M'gann said and it's true. Now I felt like it was my turn to ask, "What's happening?" but I keep my mouth shut.

"It's becoming unstable." Bruce said over the comlink. "Get out of there!" But none of us move because we are all to preoccupied staring at Kaldur. He stands right in front of us wearing his Aqualad suit. It's like he just came out of the bomb. He has no right to wear that suit.

Conner immediately jumps into action attacking Kaldur. Rick joins him and they all start to fight. I'm still trying to get over the fact as to why he's here.

"What are you doing?" Kaldur yelled trying to stop them.

Suddenly more people appear joining the fight. I watch Batgirl punch someone and then realize she's punching herself. Am I seeing double? I then notice that a whole group of people came out of the bomb. What is going on?

"Stop! Everyone stop!" I yelled and everyone froze. Half the people look at my confused the other half immediately stop fighting, but remained ready.

"Who are you?" Rick asked no one in particular. I feel like I'm seeing double as I watch another NightWing step forward.

"I guess I'm you?" He said it more like a question than a statement. That's when I realize.

The bomb didn't just become unstable, it turned into a portal- a singularity.

And our Young Justice doppelgängers fell through.