The Proposal

Jace was finally allowed out of the institute infirmary. He had been in there for almost a week now and he has been having Brother Zachariah teaching him to control his heavenly fire. Jace was finally grateful to get out of there. Clary had been there in the institute so she can stay with him. She has been practically been living there. Jace was in the training room , throwing daggers at dummies and working on his battle skills. The heavenly fire within him has been burning up inside him that his hair was stuck to his forehead with sweat. There was a small creeping sound at the door but Jace was too into his training to notice it.

"Hey" he heard a voice making him miss his aim. It was Alec.

" Ugh! You just made me miss. What do you want?!" Replied Jace. Slightly laughing Alec said

"Go wake Clary up . Mom wants us all in the library." Jace nodded in response and walked don the hallway to Clary's room. He opened the door a crack to see her soundless sleeping when she heard the door and slightly opened her eyes.

"Hey beautiful" he said. Clary looked up to see Jace's angelic face and his muscular shirtless body.

"Hey" she responded. Jace got closer and leaned over her. Clary put on hand on his tight abs and another around his neck as she Jace brought his lips down to hers, Pressing them gently . A sudden spark blazed from Jace's mouth.

"Ouch!" Clary exclaimed " The heavenly fire."

" Im Sorry" said Jace "But are you enjoying the view?" A smirk forming on Jace's mouth. Clary rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Maryse wants to see us in the library so we should probably go" Said Jace.

"Okay , but you should probably put a shirt on first don't you think?" Clary said with a small grin.

"Oh Yeah. We wouldn't want Maryse to be ignored with everyone drooling over me " . Jace walked to his bedroom and pulled a plain Gray T-shirt over his black washed jeans, Then made his way down to the library. He went and stood next to Clary and put her hand in his.

"Okay so I've asked you guys here because a few days after Jace's returned this note came with these " Mayse said as she held up a note that said I am coming , and a pointed to a pair of angel wings drenched in golden blood. Everyone knew who the note was from . Sebastian. But nobody said anything looking at the angel wings. Staring at them made Clary's stomach dropped. She looked around to see Isabelle and Alec staring at the wings with expressionless faces and Jace with wide eyes.

"Its not safe for us at the moment so I think that we should just lay low for a bit of time " Maryse said looking at everyone especially Jace. Everyone who knew Jace knew that he couldn't stay still even if he was tied up and that he practically did what he wanted.

"Well, okay but aren't we going to go after that crazy psychopath?!" Exclaimed Izzy

"No, not at the moment. As I said before I think we should lay low and maybe notify the Clave about this" Maryse said with worry in her eyes.

"Oh, please! The Clave has the collective intelligence of a pineapple!" said Jace

"Jace, I don't want to hear it. Please."Maryse said

"No Jace is right! The Clave wont do anything. They never do! They'll search , then give up or surrender." butted in Isabelle.

"Okay for now I wont tell the Clave , but I'll think about it' Maryse muttered "Now please leave , I have things to sort out" With that everyone left. That's when Jace asked Clary if she wanted to go to the greenhouse and she accepted. Once they got up there Clary could smell the scent of plants and soil. She remembered the first time she was up here with Jace on her birthday. He had given her her first Witchlight rune stone and they had their first kiss here as they were leaving. As she was remembering , her thoughts got caught off when Jace spoke. "Its almost midnight" he had said.

"Yeah, the flowers are about to bloom." As she said that the flowers began glowing and opening releasing golden pollen that lit up . Jace watching her like he had done the first time they were up here. Then suddenly Jace was kneeling on one knee beside her. He was holding a small velvet box. Then he spoke, "Clary , I love you more than love itself. I don't ever want to be parted from you . So will you please do me the extraordinary honor of marrying me " . Clary had a million thoughts going through her head when she realized she was streaming with happy tears. When she found her voice again she said "Yes. Yes yes yes yes YES!!" Jace slipped a golden ring with a diamond the size of a large pebble on to her left hand. Then, Jace lifted her up and pressed his lips to hers as Clary wrapped her legs around him, Her thighs resting on his hip bones. A while later they decided to go to bed . Clary and Jace walked to their bedrooms. Clary's mother told her that she wasn't allowed to sleep in the same room as Jace and that she wasn't allowed in his room after 11 o'clock or she couldn't sleep over at the institute. Jace walker her over to her room and gently crushed his lips on to hers.

"Goodnight" He said with warm loving golden eyes.

"Goodnight Jace" Responded Clary.

The next morning Clary woke up and took a quick shower. She looked at her reflection in the mirror as she got out. Red tangles hair, emerald green eyes , and freckles. She got dressed in a black pull over hoodie with colorful graffiti letters spelling out her name across it and a pair of jeans.

She went downstairs to the kitchen and could smell the coffee, Her body screaming for it. As she arrived she saw Jace and Isabelle sitting at the table. "Good morning" she greeted as she reached for a mug in the cabinet and poured her self a cup of coffee. As she was adding milk and sugar she felt a pair of muscular arms around her. Jace. He lightly kissed he on her head as he grabbed the toast out of the toaster.

"So I heard the news.. congratulations!!!!!" Isabelle said loudly as Jace hushed her.

" You told her?" Clary asked her fiancé quite appalled

"Yeah, I figured " Jace said " why not . And you Izzy better keep quiet about this. We haven't told Maryse and Jocelyn"

" And Luke" Clary added.

"Oh No he knows. I asked for his blessing before I actually purposed." Jace said with a grin.

"Oh My God! We have to go pick out a dress for you and find the shoes And Oh -"

"You're really going to have fun with this aren't you?" Clary cut her off.

"Hell Yeah!" Isabelle said with excitement as Jocelyn walked in.

"Good morning" Greeted Clary's mother as she noticed the ring on her daughter's left hand.

"What is THAT?" she asked appalled.

"Umm...mom... Jace and I are engaged!!" she said quite nervously.

"WHATT?!!" she responded "Nope , no , you are not getting married. You're only 16 and Jace is only 17 . Clary what are you thinking?!"

"Mom Im thinking that Jace and I have gone though so much that it's obvious we're in love and that we want to get married." Clary said as Luke walked into the room.

"I even already ask Luke for his blessing" Jace butted in.

"You gave them permission to get MARRIED?!?" ask an angry Jocelyn to Luke.

"Well, yes. Honey, they have gone through thick and thin with each other in the past and they've been faithful. Also you can tell they're in love with each other just by looking at them! I just thought there was no problem." Jocelyn took in a deep breath then sighed when she said

" Ummm okay. You have my blessing " She then hugged Clary, Then she moved past her and hugged Jace as well then said "But if you hurt my little girl, my only daughter , my baby Jace Herondale......... Mmmm" while pulling out a thin dagger from who knows where and talked out of the room twirling it around in her fingers with a small devilish grin looking directly at Jace. For the first time ever, Clary had seen Jace actually nervous. He gulped a lump in his throat then said "Well that went well.." with sarcasm in his voice.

After getting Clary's mom on board with the whole marriage thing, Maryse was next which shouldn't be so hard. So Jace and Calry walked to the library to find Marsye. Once they broke the news , she was a bit against it but once told Clary' s mother had agreed so did she.