Forever And Always

"Branch?" Poppy whispered, gently shaking her husband awake.
"Poppy?" he muttered. "What is it?"
"It's midnight," she replied.
"So?"
Poppy then kissed Branch passionately.
"Happy Valentine's Day," she whispered. Branch smiled and kissed her cheek.
"You could've waited till morning," he said.
"I know, but look at us! Our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife."
Poppy began to kiss his jawline.
"Okay, I get it," he chuckled. "Now go back to sleep. I made plans for tomorrow."
"Killjoy," Poppy muttered and fell back asleep.

🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻

The following morning, Poppy woke up to the smell of pancakes. She got out of bed, headed for the kitchen, and found breakfast on the table.
Suddenly, Poppy felt someone stroking her hair. She turned around to see Branch right behind her.
"Good morning," he said, kissing her neck. Poppy giggled.
“You're so adorable," she muttered.
“And so are you..." Branch whispered. “I hope you like waffles."
“I love waffles."

After breakfast, Branch took Poppy outside of Bergen Town, over by a creek. They sat on a rock together and held hands.
“I like it over here," Poppy said. “So peaceful."
“Really?" Branch said, surprised. “Poppy, the 24-Hour-Party-Animal, can find peace?"
“Of course I can find peace," Poppy said. She thought for a moment and remembered on time. “My last Valentine's Day with... You-Know-Who, he taught me how to let in the beauty of my surroundings, and..."
“... and you went all ‘Tickle Monster' on him," Branch finished. “I saw the whole thing, Poppy."
The queen blushed. She got embarrassed whenever he reminded her the other half of the story.
“I have a better idea," Branch said. He grabbed a small guitar, played for a bit, and started singing.
My love, there's only you in my life
The only thing that's bright
Poppy began to blush, and she joined in.
My first love,
You're every breath that I take
You're every step I make
Branch: And I, I want to share
Both: All my love with you
No one else will do
Poppy: And your eyes
Branch: Your eyes, your eyes
Both: They tell me how much you care
Ooh yes,
You will always be
My endless love
As soon as they finished their duet, Poppy and Branch began making out passionately.
“Branch..." Poppy moaned in between kisses. “I... love you... so... much..."
“Don't... talk..." Branch replied. “Let's... savor this... moment..."

After spending the afternoon in the forest, Branch took Poppy home and they watched the sunset together.
“This was a great day," Poppy admitted. “Except..."
“Except what?" Branch asked.
“Well, you took me on this wonderful date, and all I got you..." Poppy took out a card, “... was this."
Poppy opened it and it revealed Poppy, and Branch (turning from gray to blue) in the middle of a crowd, singing together. It read “I Love You, Branch!" and sang:
The reason I love you
Is all that we've been through...
And that's why I love you
Suddenly, the card squirted a ton of glitter in Branch's face!
Unlike his reactions in the past, Branch just smiled and said, “Just like you, Poppy..." he spitted out some glitter, “... it's perfect."
Poppy smiled. “Thanks, Branch."
Poppy and Branch hugged and continued watching the sunset.
“Happy Valentine's Day, Poppy."

I may have wrote this too early. Valentine's Day isn't until next month.

The song Poppy's card sang is I Love You by Avril Lavigne.

For my next Trolls tidbit, I'm going take a big step, so expect angst. And Moxie Dewdrop.

Until next time. 👋