Merry Christmas (Broppy's First Kiss!)

Queen Poppy was playing her cowbell loud enough for everyone in Bergen Town to hear. The Trolls got out of their pods, the Bergens gathered around the Troll Tree, and all heard Poppy's upbeat singing.
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
And I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
Satin and Chenille sang to each other.
Satin: I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon my fireplace
Chenille: Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas Day
Poppy: Oh, I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true...
Everyone: All I want for Christmas is you!!!
"It's Christmas Eve everyone!" Poppy announced. "And you all know what that means!"
"Yeah!" a Bergen shouted. "What does it mean?"
"And what's Christmas?" another Bergen asked.
"You've never heard of Christmas?!" Poppy exclaimed in disbelief.
"Um, girl, the only holiday they ever celebrated was Trollstice," DJ Suki reminded the young queen.
"Oh, right," Poppy said, quite embarrassed. She turned back to the Bergens. "Well, on Christmas, we decorate our homes with... pretty much anything red, green, and gold. We give each other presents, sing carols, bright lights everywhere..."
"Mommy, can we do that?" a little Bergen girl asked her mother.
"It does sound like fun," she replied.
"It is fun!" Poppy assured them. "I promise you'll all love it. And to make it more fun, I'll ask King Gristle if we can hold a big Christmas party!"
The Bergens liked the sound of that.
"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Cooper whispered. "We only have one day till Christmas."
"Of course!" Poppy assured him. "He's going to love it!"
"If you say so," Guy Diamond said, shrugging.

As soon as she finished explaining Christmas to the Bergens, Poppy headed straight to the castle to tell the Bergen King about her plan.
"King Gristle?" Poppy called out, knocking on the door. "It's me, Poppy. I just wanted to ask you something."
"Come on in!" he responded. Poppy entered the room and saw what a mess it was.
"Whoa," she exclaimed. "What happened here?"
"Sorry about the mess," he apologized, picking her up. "I'm trying to think of something nice to do for Bridget. But my stupid brain can't think of anything!"
He kept hitting himself in the head with the hand that wasn't holding Poppy until she used her hair to pull it away.
"It's okay, Gristle. I know a way."
"Great!" Gristle smiled, then frowned. "What is it?"
Poppy told the king everything about Christmas and her idea of throwing a party for the Trolls and Bergens to celebrate together.
"... and then, you can give her your Christmas present!" Poppy finished. "What do you say?"
"I love it!" King Gristle replied. "It's perfect. Thanks, Poppy."

When Poppy returned to the Troll Tree, she saw that everyone was waiting for her. Not a single muscle had moved. They were waiting for an answer.
Poppy took a deep breath and said... "Merry Christmas!"
The Trolls and Bergens bursted with joy and cheered. Then they heard a strange noise. It sounded like a dying animal. Everybody turned their heads to find a familiar blue Troll.
Branch stopped screaming and saw that everyone was staring at him. His face turned red and he looked away, embarrassed.
Poppy smiled warmly and approached him. He smiled back and they hugged.
"The party's tomorrow," she told him. "You coming?"
"No, I have way more important things to do," he replied, sarcastically but in a friendly manner.
Poppy's smile grew. This was the first time Branch ever accepted anything. And she was looking forward to it.

🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻

The following morning, Poppy was the last Troll to wake up. She was up late the night before helping King Gristle with the plans for the party. Bergen Town looked just like how Poppy had described. The Trolls and Bergens were ready to celebrate their first Christmas together.
“Good morning, Poppy!" a familiar, auto-tuned voice sang. Poppy woke up and found Guy Diamond, Satin, Chenille, Fuzzbert, Cooper, and Smidge in her room.
“Is it Christmas already?" she asked groggily. They all nodded. With that, Poppy jumped out bed and immediately started getting ready.
“Our first Christmas with the Bergens!" Poppy said with excitement. “This is going to be awesome!"
In less than five minutes, Poppy put her hair in a ponytail and got dressed in a beautiful red dress with white fluff. To compliment her outfit, she put on a white headband with a red poinsettia on it.
“That's our Poppy," Cooper said.

The party turned out to be a success. The Bergens fell in love with Christmas, and they agreed to celebrate it every year from that day on.
“Queen Poppy?" a little girl Troll asked. “What was your Christmas wish?"
“My wish was everything that's happening right now," Poppy replied. “Seeing everyone having fun and laughing, and that the Bergens would feel Christmas, too."
“Everyone, may I have your attention?" King Gristle announced. “I want to thank Queen Poppy and the Trolls for introducing this wonderful holiday to us. And because Christmas is a time for giving, I have something to give to the love of my life."
The crowd gasped and looked at Bridget. She approached the king and gave him a small smile.
“Bridget, this is for you," he said, giving her a small present. Bridget opened it and found a silver necklace inside. It had a small charm shaped like a pair of roller skates.
“Oh, Gristle, it's beautiful!" she said in awe. “Thank you."
The two Bergens gave each other a loving hug.
“Aww!" the Trolls and Bergens sighed.
“Merry Christmas, Bridget," King Gristle whispered.
“Merry Christmas, Gristle," she replied.
Poppy kept watching them until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see Branch smiling at her, but Poppy looked past it and noticed he was nervous about something.
“What's wrong?" she asked him.
“Nothing, it's just..." he looked away for a moment. “I have something for you, too."

Branch took Poppy to his home. Unlike the other Trolls, he didn't live in a seed pod. He lived underneath the roots of the Troll Tree. Hey, just because he got his color back that doesn't mean all his issues just magically disappeared.
Branch pulled a crate out from under his bed and Poppy helped him carry it to the table.
“Poppy, prepare yourself for what you are about to see," he said before opening it.
Poppy couldn't believe what was inside. All the invitations she gave him over the years... he kept all of them!
“Branch..." she gasped, holding an invitation that said “You Are Invited To My 6th Birthday Party!!!" Poppy felt as if she could cry.
“Merry Christmas, Poppy," Branch said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.
Suddenly, Poppy grabbed Branch's face and slammed her lips against his! Branch was shocked at first, but he soon found himself drowning into her love.

In Bergen Town, it was a Merry Christmas for everyone.

Sorry this took so long. There was school and I watched Saturday Night Live.
Give it on up to Homelessville!

I'm not entirely sure what to write next. I'm going to let you give me suggestions, and whichever one I like the best is the one I'll do. Just no “wild thangs."

Merry Christmas! 🎄