Episode Nineteen: The Man in the Morgue Part one

Mike Doyle, an orderly, is wheeling a body from one room to another. Dr. Graham Legiere, the medical examiner, joins him as he walks past. They continue their conversation as they walk.
'' You look tired, Mike.'' Graham said as he pats him on the back. '' Late night'' ? He asked
'' Oh yeah.'' Mike replied. '' Late and nasty.''
'' Some kinky creature''? Graham asked
'' Doc, the girl, Carrie's, a serious perv swerve.'' Mike said as he pushes the body into an autopsy room.
He stops in front of Mom who is writing up her notes in a chart on another body. She smiles as she listens to the conversation.
'' Feeling wrong feels so good.'' Graham said
'' It's--'' Mike began to say but he stops when he notices that Mom is listening. '' Hey, sorry, Dr. Brennan.''
'' No, it's fine.'' Mom said. '' Males often bond by exaggerating sexual conquests.''
'' Oh, Mike's not exaggerating.'' Graham said and then he says. '' This girl is seriously turned on by coffins.'' Graham said. '' Mike will take her into the cooler--''
'' Doc!'' Mike said
Zack's voice is heard coming from a computer sitting on a portable table behind Mike. '' Some libidos are inflamed by a proximity to death.'' Zack's voice said over the computer.
'' Who's that''? Mike asked
'' My assistant, Zack, back in D.C.'' Mom said as she turns the rolling table around so the monitor screen with Zack is facing Mike
'' Actually, Dr. Brennan you have two assistants.'' Zack reminded her. '' And congratulations on your coffin sex.''
Graham tried not to laugh as he says. '' Mm-hmm.''
Mike exits in a hurry and Mom goes to the new body and puts on her gloves to get back to work.
'' You have two assistants''? Graham asked Mom
'' Yeah, I have two assistants.'' Mom replied
'' Who's the other one''? Graham questioned. '' If you don't mind me asking''
'' My daughter, Emma.'' Mom answered. '' And no, I don't mind you asking.''
'' You have a daughter.'' Graham said in a surprised tone
'' Yeah I have a daughter, she's eighteen coming up nineteen in a few weeks and she's also going to be a mother.'' Mom told Graham and then she changes the subject. '' Let's get to work''
'' Some of the information you sent for analysis seems to have come from remains that have already been embalmed.'' Zack said over the computer.
Mom begins to examining the body. '' Bodies were unearthed by the flooding.''

                                                                                       ******

Mom examines the decomposed skull of the body. Graham, who is on the other side of the examining table walks around to the end of it as he talks
'' You know there are reasons they call this Big easy even after Hurricane Katrina.'' Graham said.
He tries to rest his hand on a tray with surgical instruments but knocks the tray off. Everything crashes to the floor. Mom looks up shocked by the noise and laughs a little.
Dr. James Embry, assistant to the medical examiner enters the room with a file pertaining to the body that Mom has been looking at. He is follwed by detective Harding and a uniformed police officer.
'' Dr. Brennan, meet John Doe 361.'' James said
''  We found this one in the 9th Ward sticking out of the mud.'' Detective Harding said
'' Good afternoon, Detective Harding.'' Mom said and then she assessing the body. '' Male. Forties.''
'' Badly decomposed.'' James said and then he says. '' Looks pretty banged up.'' James said as he hands the chart to Graham across the examining table.
'' Yeah'' Detective Harding said. '' Be nice to know if it was hurricane, floor or four play that killed him.''
Graham glances at the chart and then he says. '' Detective Harding, have you been into the cooler lately? Apparently some libidos are inflamed by the proximity to death.''
Mom and James shake their head in disbelief
'' God, Graham. Thinking about sex in this place should be illegal, if it aint already.'' Detective Harding said
Detective Harding and the police officer leave. James is looking at the skull and sees something strange.
'' Oh, Sam, I'm going to need X-rays on this one.'' Mom said talking to Sam outside the room.
James begins to leave the room and meets Sam Potter, an orderly, as he is entering.
'' Looks like there's something lodges behind his teeth.'' James said to Sam.
Sam nods his head and comes into the room to take John Doe 361 for x-rays.  Mom is covering the body with plastic as Graham talks to her.
'' You've been working 48 hours straight. You need the evening off.'' Graham said to mom
'' I only have one vacation day left.'' Mom said
'' What are you...doing penance for FEMA? Why don't you let me cook you dinner tonight''? Graham said
'' I don't know.'' Mom said as she starts to take off her gloves
'' Come on.'' Graham said pleading
Sam is finishing wrapping up John Doe 361 with a sheet and almost ready to leave.
'' I'm a Southern gentleman, ma'am.'' Graham said. '' Your honor will be respected.''
Mom takes off her gloves
Sam scoffs '' Yeah.''
Sam wheels John Doe 361 out of the room leaving Mom and Graham alone
'' Tell you what, Graham.'' Mom said as she went over to another table'' We'll see what the x-rays tell us about this one. And then, maybe, we'll get a bite to eat.'' Mom said as she puts her gloves down onto the table.
'' All right.'' Graham said.
                                                     ________________________________________________________