Episode eighteen: The man with the bone

Outfit up top ⬆️

Hallway, F.B.I. building. Mom and Booth were walking side by side as they both walked down the clinically white, sterile - looking hallway.
'' Welcome to the dungeon.'' Booth said
Mom's hands were stuffed into her pockets as she walks. '' Why do the F.B.I. always stick their morgues in the most depressing basement they can find.''?
'' Don't be such a snob, Bones, okay''? Booth told her and then he says. '' Not everyone gets to play in a multimillion-dollar lab, you know, with skylights.''
'' It's because as a society we feel the need to hide death away'' Mom said and then she pauses and then she said. '' The people who deal with the dead are viewed as freaks.''
'' I don't know if it's the basement thing but this guy you're about to meet, Harry, he's a little twisted.'' Booth said
'' You probably think I get some kind of rush when I work, that I'm somehow titillated.'' Mom said
Booth grimaces and then he said. '' Ah, choice of words, Bones. Choice of words.''
________________________________________________________________

Booth pushes the double doors as he and Mom enters the F.B.I. morgue. Booth is whistling. A slender man sporting wire rimmed glasses, a long white lab coat and a bow tie, is standing at a light board, examining several x-rays including one of a chest and ribcage and another of a skull and spine. He is the aforementioned 'twisted' medical examiner ' Harry Tepper' M.D., and as Booth nods hello, Harry turns to greet him with a handshake.
'' Agent Booth'' Harry greeted Booth with a handshake
'' Harry Tepper, meet Dr. Temperance Brennan from the Jeffersonian.'' Booth said introducing Harry to Mom.
'' Hello'' Mom greeted
'' She's good'' Harry said to Booth and then Booth nods and then he turns back to Mom and then he said. '' Read your novel too'' Harry said and then he pauses as he considers his words. '' The heroine's very aggressive.''
'' Harry'' Booth said expressionless and then a brief pause and then he says. '' You wanna-'' Booth said gestures with his hands, so all three turn and walk towards the exam table, Harry leading the way and then Booth said. '' Okay, everybody, meet Ted Macy. Body was found in a national park. Local coroner wrote it off as some kind of an accidental drowning, but you see, we have to investigate every death on federal land.'' Booth said as Mom grabs some gloves
'' During my examination, I found he had a crushed larynx.'' Harry said as he smiles dryly. '' That didn't seem accidental.'' Harry said as mom puts her gloves on.
'' This is a corpse'' Mom said as Booth looks up at her and then she said. '' With skin.''
'' She is good.'' Harry said sarcastically
'' Why am I here? You know I don't work with skin'' Mom said
'' Relax, Bones.'' Booth said and then he said. '' I didn't bring you here to examine the body. I want you to see what they found in his hand.'' Booth said and then he turns to Harry, who is studying the body, not paying attention to Booth and Booth's tone turns a touch impatient. '' Harry'' Booth said and then Harry looks up. '' Bone''? Booth added
Harry walks over to the stand and retrieves a specimen jar marked with red tap and filled with solution.
'' What is that''? Mom said stunned
'' It's a phalanx.'' Harry said and then he pauses momentarily before explaining in a condescending tone. '' Finger Bone.'' Harry said and then he turns to Booth and then he said. '' Figured she'd know that.''
Mom ticked off '' Yeah, I'd fingure any competent medical examiner would know not to compromise evidence.'' Mom said and then she takes the container from him and holds it up. '' Is this Lysol I.C''? Mom asked
Harry arms was crossed over his chest and then he said. '' We use it to decontaminate remains.''
Mom quickly drains the jar of it's solution in order to rescue the bone and then she said. '' Are you trying to break down the periosteal surface of the bone? Wreak havoc on the marrow? Did you even dilute this''?
'' Bones!'' Booth said trying to smooth things over
'' What''? Mom asked as she dumps the phalanx out and tucking it into an evidence bag and then she said. '' You've removed particulates and trace elements that could potentially lead us to his killer'' Mom said and then she gets into Harry's face and then she said. '' Is this your first day on the job''?
Harry's eyes were bugging and his voice was haughty and deliberate as he speaks. '' Eighteen years next month.''
Mom gives Book a look and then she storms out from the room with the evidence bag, slamming the door behind her, leaving Booth with Harry.
'' Eighteen years.'' Booth said
Harry grins and then he said. '' She's intense.''
Booth says nothing to him he just stands there.
________________________________________________________________