Episode four: The man in the bear

Outfit up top ⬆️

'' So sweetie, how was it working with Booth at the FBI building''? Mom asked me as she ate her breakfast
Mom and I were both at the Royal diner having breakfast and we were talking about my three weeks work at the FBI building.
'' It was good. I really enjoyed it.'' I told her as I too eat my breakfast.
'' Yeah'' Mom stated and then she asked, '' What did Booth got you doing''?
'' He got me doing loads of things''
'' Like what''?
'' Um let's see, I've been helping him with the interrogations, sorting out paper work, sending out emails, answering the phone and taking messages. Making cups of tea. '' I said, trying to remember what I have done for the past three weeks at the FBI building. '' You know the usual stuff what assistants do. Like I did for you when I first started working at the Jeffersonian, remember.''
'' Yeah I remember.''Mom said as she took another bite of her breakfast while I do the same.
'' And for helping, Booth gave me an FBI badge.'' I said
'' Cool'' Mom stated and then she asked, '' Have you got it with you''?
'' Of course, i've got it in my bag.'' I said, putting down my knife and fork and then I went into my bag and then I pulled out my badge what Booth gave me for helping him and then I handed it to my mom so that she can look at it.
'' Wow'' Mom said
'' I know.''
'' You're own very badge.'' Mom stated and then she hands me the badge back and then I put the badge back into my bag and then I continued to eat my breakfast. '' You know, Ems. It was Angela's idea for you to go and work with Booth.''
'' Really''? I asked
'' Yeah.''
'' Why did she suggested that''?
'' She said that you and Zack haven't been getting along for the past couple of weeks and she suggested that you should go and work with Booth for couple of days.'' Mom said as she took another few bites of her breakfast. '' So um, what's been going on with you and Zack then''? Mom asked
''It's complicated.'' I told her as I grabbed my drink from the table and then I took a few zips of my orange juice.
'' Sweetie, you know you can talk to me about anything right.''
'' I know that.'' I told her
'' So then talk to me.''
I sighed and then I said, '' I love him Mom. I love Zack.''
'' I know.''
'' How do you know''? I asked her and then I said, '' Let me guess...Angela told you didnt she.''
'' Sweetheart, Angela tells me everything.'' Mom said
'' Of course she does.''
Mom chuckled and then she asked, '' Have you thought of telling him how you feel''?
'' Numberous of times but whenever I try and tell him the words just dont seem to come out.''
'' You need to tell him''?
'' I know that, Mom.''
'' So what's stopping you''?
'' Nothing stopping me, Mom.'' I told her
'' So then tell him? Tell him how you feel and get it over with before it's too late.''
'' I'd just dont think that I can, Mom.'' I told her
'' Sweetheart.'' Mom started off but I interrupted
'' Can we talk about something else''?
'' Of course, what do you want to talk about''?
'' Anything, as long it's not about Zack'' I told her
'' Okay'' Mom stated
                                                ________________________________________________________

Medico - Legal Lab, Jeffersonian Institute

Mom and I were both in a hallway looking at a picture of a hand with Booth walking right behind us.
'' Looks human to me.'' Mom says
'' I'm gonna have to agree.'' I agreed and then I said. '' It definitely looks human.''
'' Alright.'' Booth says
'' What's the deal''? Mom asked as she, Booth and I entered her office.
''It was found in Eastern Washington State.'' Booth answered
'' Where''? I asked
'' Inside a bear.'' Booth replied
'' No, I mean...inside a bear.''?
'' An autopsy revealed more bone fragments inside the bear's stomach and intestine.''
'' An autopsy on an animal is called necropsy.'' Mom said
'' Yeah, it's pretty crucialn we get that straight right off the bat meanwhile, about the dead human being.''?
'' What do you need me for the bear ate somebody''? Mom asked
'' 26 bone fragments in total. Case bumped to the Seattle field office. They bumped it to me.'' Booth says as he hands her a disk. '' Check it out.''
'' Why did they bump it to you''? Mom asked
'' Bones, I mean do you really care about the inner workings of the FBI office.''?
Mom smiles at Booth and then she says, '' They bumped it to you because you work with me.''
'' No, they hoped that you could help ID the body.''
Mom sits at her desk and loads the picture of the hand into her computer.
'' From a hand''? I asked
'' Yeah, they high expectation.''
Mom looks at the screen and then said, '' Definitely human opposable thumb probably male from the size...uh oh.''
Booth and I both walked around her desk behind her to take a look, '' What''?
'' Curf marks, marks made from a cutting tool.''
'' Maybe when they cut open the bear.''? Booth suggested
'' No, it's not a straight edge.'' I said
Mom highlights the marks and points to them on the screen.
'' Residual cross section striae.'' Mom says.
'' Hmm. Just because you say it in that definitive tone doesn't mean it means anything to me.''
'' These marks were made from a saw.'' Mom said and then she continued to talk, '' The hand was already separated from the rest of the person when the bear ate him.''
'' Somebody was dismembered and fed to a bear''? Booth asked
'' That's one possibility.''
Booth sighs and then he said, '' Okay, um thanks, Bones.''
'' Glad I could help.''
'' But, uh you're not done.'' Booth stated
'' What do you mean she's not done''? I asked
'' I'll check out the photographs and the x -rays to see if i can confirm sex and age.'' Mom said, ignoring my question to Booth.
'' Pack you're bags we're going to Washington State.'' Booth said suddenly
'' I'm not going to Washington State.'' Mom said
Booth sits down and then he said, '' Again just because you say in that definitive tone doesn't mean it means anything to me.''
Booth smiles and then he flips a pen in the air and catching it.
'' Okay well, i'm going to go and see Hodgins'' I said
'' Thanks again for helping out over at the FBI building.'' Booth thanked me
'' Your welcome.'' I told him and then I turned to face Mom and then I asked, '' Where is Hodgins anyway''?
'' Last time I checked he was at his workstation.'' Mom said
'' Okay, well I will check his workstation to see if he's there but if he aint there then I will check Angela's office.'' I told Mom
'' He's probably with Zack, knowing those too they're probably doing some experiments.'' Mom said
'' I'm gonna check his workstation first.'' I told Mom and then I leave Mom's office to go and look for Hodgins.
                                            ________________________________________________________