Episode fourteen: the man on the fairway

Outfit up top ⬆️

'' So Emma, how have you been''? Dr. Riley asked me as I layed down on the bed.
I was at the doctors having another regular check up. Angela was here with me as Zack couldn't be here.
'' I am fine thank you, Dr. Riley'' I told her
'' You must be getting really uncomfortable''? Dr. Riley asked me
'' Just a little bit'' I replied
'' How's you're back been? Do you still get any back pains''? Dr. Riley asked me
'' It's been okay and yes I still do get back pains'' I said answering her two questions
'' How often do you get them''? Dr. Riley asked me
'' She often gets them when she's standing up for too long'' Angela said before I could
'' Okay'' Dr. Riley said and then she writes it down in my notes. '' Are you still taking paracetamol''?
'' I am yes''
'' Are you still using ice and the hot water bottle''? Dr. Riley asked me
'' Not so much with the ice but I am still using the hot water bottle'' I told her
'' And does it work''
'' It does work yeah, especially at night''
'' Okay'' Dr. Riley said and again she writes it in my notes.
'' Is there anything else that she can try, Dr. Riley''? Angela asked her. '' I mean I hate seeing her in pain and so does her boyfriend and everybody else.''
'' I'm afraid not, Miss Montenegro'' Dr. Riley said and then she says. '' The only option there is is to stop working for couple of days and rest.''
'' For how long''? I asked
'' I don't know, maybe a week,  maybe two weeks or three. But you need some time off, Emma.''
'' I agree.'' Angela agreed
'' Once we have done the scan I will write a letter to you're mom and explain to her that you need some time off.'' Dr. Riley stated
'' Okay'' I said.
After Dr. Riley finished writing down in my notes, she then puts my notes at the end of the bed and then she gets the jelly from the stand. I then pull up my top and then she puts the jelly onto my stomach and I couln't help but to flinch at the coldness, once Dr. Riley done that she then puts the jelly back onto the stand and then she gets the monitor.
'' Are you ready''? Dr. Riley asked me
'' Yeah, I'm ready'' I told her and then she puts the monitor onto my stomach and she moves it around. Angela and I both looked at the screen and there was mine and Zack's baby.
'' Whoa'' I said surprised
'' Look how big she's getting'' Angela said
'' I know'' I stated. '' How is she Dr. Riley''?
'' She is doing fine, Emma'' Dr. Riley said and then she says. '' Have you and your boyfriend decided where you going to have the baby''?
'' Yeah, we both decided to have our baby at the hospital.''
'' Good choice'' Angela said.
Minutes later the scan was finished and Angela and I were both just waiting for my letters to give to mom and Dr. Goodman. While we was waiting for the letters, I was at the reception desk booking myself another appointment with my doctor, once I have finished booking myself another appointment I said thank you to the receptionist and Angela and I both went over to the chairs.
'' I can't believe how big you're baby is getting'' Angela said
'' I know, I can't believe it either.'' I told her as she and I both sit down and I couldn't help but to sigh.
'' Are you okay, Emmy''? Angela asked me
I looked at her and then I said. '' Yeah, yeah I'm fine.''
'' But''?
'' How do you know there was a but''? I asked her
'' There's always a but'' Angela said and then she says. '' Tell me what's wrong''?
'' Nothing's wrong, Ang'' I told her and then I say. '' It's just...what am I going to do when I have my days off. I have never had a day off from work before, I have always worked and working always keeps me busy. What am I going to do''
'' I thought you was going to do the apartment'' Angela said
'' I was but you heard Dr. Riley Angie, I need to rest.'' I said and then I say. '' And I can't do the apartment if I am resting and besides I don't think Zack will let me do the apartment on my own.''
'' Well then I will take a few days off and come and help you.''
'' I can't let you do that, Ang'' I told her and then I say. '' Look don't worry about it okay, I will come up with something to do'' I said
And with that point Dr. Riley office door opens and Dr. Riley comes over to us and she hands me the letters that she did for mom and Dr. Goodman.
'' Thanks Dr. Riley'' I thanked her as I take the letters from her
'' No problem'' Dr. Riley said and then she says. '' And the question that you asked me how long that you should take off work. I advise you take three weeks off''
'' Three weeks off'' I questioned
'' Yes three weeks'' Dr. Riley said then she says. '' I will see you soon Emma'' Dr. Riley says and then she walks away from us and she heads back to her office.
I turned to look at Angela and then I said. '' Three weeks, did you hear that Ang. Three bloody weeks off work.''
Angela chuckles and then she and I both leave the doctors and then she and I both got into the car and then Angela starts the car and then she drives off and we head to the Jeffersonian.
                                                __________________________________________________________