Part Seven

When Derek comes out of the shower it’s to see Stiles on the ground doing push-ups in front of the bed. The smell is back, that wet smell. It worries Derek, but he tries to ignore it, Stiles likes to talk and if he wants, he’ll talk about it. So, Derek ignores it

 “What are you doing Stiles?” Derek asks moving around, wearing only a pair of sweat pants, because he’s lazy and maybe he wants to smell Stiles burning sugar and snow scent.

“Nothing, push-ups, staying fit.” Stiles says, not even stopping.

Derek just shakes his head and sits down on the bed grabbing the remote and starting to flip through channels.

Derek doesn’t watch a lot of TV, when he is with the Serina’s pack he spends a lot of time outside, running and playing with Arielle, or sleeping, or running.

Pack does everything together, and even though he isn’t a part of Serina’s pack officially doesn’t mean he doesn’t think of them that way

 When Derek finally decides on HGTV(, the Property Brothers happen to be Derek’s guilty pleasure.) Stiles gets up and heads to the other side of the bed.

“Really, HGTV? Big and bag Derek Hale watches people make houses? I’m truly surprised I thought you would put it on some weird monster truck fight or something.” Stiles says sitting down leaning against the head board, Derek notices that Stiles makes sure not to touch Derek while he sits down, it makes Derek raise an eyebrow at him.

“None were on,” Derek decides on after a minute, and Stiles just looks at him, like he’s trying deiced if he should laugh or not.

“Trying to be a funny man huh?” Stiles says and turns to the TV, he goes silent for a minute and Derek just watches TV keeping himself in control.

As time goes on, Stiles scent changes again, more wet, more sour, more potent. Derek turns to Stiles, about to asked him what was up, when Stiles begins talking, still facing the screen.

“This use to be my mom’s favorite channel… she would always try to get my dad to watch it with her so he could rebuild the house, she wanted a big kitchen she could cook in.” Stiles says, his voice soft.  “After she died… my dad blocked the channel.”

Derek looks over at him then, he smells the remorse, and the sadness, and the darkness, clouding up his normal scent and Derek can feel his heart breaking along with Stiles’. Derek knows what it’s like to have lose someone you love.

He knows saying I’m sorry won’t help Stiles, saying I know how it feels won’t help, and the look of pity that fills everyone’s eyes when the subject comes up just would anger Stiles, because how could anyone understand?

So instead, Derek turns his body to Stiles and pats his shoulder, Stiles finally turns to him and a tear rolls down his cheek, and Derek is pulling him into a soft hug. At first Stiles is a hard line, not even trying to hug him back, but when a chocked out sob comes from his mouth, he gives in and wraps his arms around Derek’s torso and throws his face into his neck and begins to cry.

And god, it’s awful, Stiles scent is all wrong and Derek is feeling everything. He hates the fact that he can’t do anything more than hold him and rub at his back until Stiles calms down.

“I’m sorry, I’ve been thinking about her… since the Alpha pack.”

“It’s OK to think about your mom, Stiles. It’s OK to cry about it too.”

Stiles nods against his neck and cries more, little noises come out of his mouth and Derek can feel his tears on his neck, but he doesn’t care, he rubs at Stiles back and moves so they’re both lying down on the bed, Stiles on top of him. He doesn’t try to hush Stiles, or give any words to him, he just lets him grieve.

Stiles falls asleep half an hour later and Derek takes in the moment to really look at Stiles, his cheeks are still pink and puffy, but he looks peaceful and relaxed, so he doesn’t dare to move, just runs a hand through Stiles hair until he falls asleep.

^

Stiles, is totally embarrassed in the morning, but actually freezes out the almost panic attack when he looks down at Derek; sleeping, and snoring softly. He really looks Derek over before, he knows that Derek is totally A+ worthy attractive but now he’s looking closer than he ever got the opportunity, and probably would anyway.

Derek is beautiful and soft like porcelain as weird as it sounds, but Stiles lets his hands travel down Derek’s stomach which is prefect and fit and warm against Stiles fingers. He also doesn’t have the imperfections that Stiles has.

No moles, no freckles, all beautiful, plain skin, nothing wrong or marking it up in place, and Stiles feels a little jealous by the fact, he just lets his fingers retrace every single indention on the older man’s body as he sleep, and tries- very hard- not to be creeping about it, or wake him up.

Stiles looks at his face to, his strong features- the cheekbones mostly- look like they could cut through water, lava, cake, anything in less than seconds, Stiles can’t stop himself from touching the man there as well.

When he’s done with that he snuggles in closer to Derek and takes a deep breath, Derek smells like candy and wood, it reminds Stiles of a lumberjack. The thought has Stiles smiling against Derek’s skin.

Not long after that, Derek begins to move under him, Stiles keeps his eyes open and stares at him when Derek opens his eyes and looks around the room then his eyes find Stiles’.

“Hey,” he says, aloof as ever, but his voice is deep and husky with sleep, and Stiles begs his body to not react.

“Hiii there.” Stiles says.

Derek just raises an eyebrow.

Stiles moves off of Derek’s body and sits on the edge of the bed “Thanks… for you know, not being a douchebag about last night, I think I needed that.”

Derek gets up and clears his throat “It’s not a big deal Stiles.” He starts moving toward his bag “Let’s go get breakfast, OK?” he says pulling on a shirt, when Stiles doesn’t move he just turns to him. “I bet they have waffles.”

“OH! Waffles? I’m down.”   

I Know I said I would update the next day and I totally failed in doing that. Please forgive me.