Stiles and Derek

Since Stiles can now use more than just his backpack to hold all of his clothes he ran back up stairs and grabbed a bigger bag stuffing more curls and papers about the DIA he could and then made his way back down the stairs to a very scowl-ey Derek.

“Dude, what’s wrong?” Stiles asks, titling his head to side trying to find what was going on with him, he was fine at the loft, well, actually he was freaked out about the DIA art being sold which he still didn’t understand why, but if he is spending all a long time in a car with Derek, he would find out.

Derek just shakes his head and heads out of the door closing it was a sharp slam, which Stiles chooses to ignore and goes to his dad giving him a big hug.

“Aw, Stiles, will you miss me?” His father laughs and hugs him back with just as much, after Stiles saved his father, Alison’s father and, Scott’s mom, they had gotten back to how close they had been when his mother was alive, which Stiles had missed more than he cared to admit.

“Yeah,” Stiles says and snuggles a little closer before pulling away. “The trip should only be a little more than a week OK? Then I’ll be back again so you can snuggle with me all you want. You won’t even be able to miss me.”

“Oh yeah, then I can eat all the burgers I want while you are gone.”

“Dad!” Stiles partially yells “That’s it; I will have to give Scott’s mom to watch you.”

“Stiles,” his dad says, but is smiling “I’ll stay safe while you’re gone, you’ll stay safe with Derek and everything will be the same while you’re gone, OK Stiles?”

Stiles nods because that was everything he needed to hear, he hugs his dad again before pulling away.

They say their goodbyes and then Stiles heads to the door and towards Derek. He gets inside the car closing the door behind him and then turns to Derek.

“So, let’s hit the Road buddy!”                               

Derek gives Stiles a hard hit to the back of the head.

DEREK

Derek is actually surprised when Stiles falls asleep, his heartbeat is slow and loud in his ears and puts him at ease in a way that being with family does.

Is Derek think of Stiles as family?

Derek shakes his head and pulls out his phone and calls Cora.

“Big brother?” She says when she answers he can hear the smile on her face “Miss me already?”

“I’m coming back.” Derek says

“Really? Why?”                     

“They want to sell all the artwork in the DIA.”

“What?” Cora growls through the phone “They can’t- that’s where”

“I know Cora, which is why I’m coming back.”

“Your room is still set up so let me know how long it will take.”

“You need to make up a second room,” Derek says then looks over at the sleepy boy and grits out “Stiles is with me.”

“Stiles? Really? Why?”

“He has a paper to write on the DIA, and he wanted to come along.”

“And, you let him?”

“I didn’t have much choice in the matter Cora.”

Cora is silent on the other end of the phone and Derek doesn’t mind that, he just waits for her to say something, anything. He can here the Detroit pack in the background talking and laughing, and Derek instantly regrets leaving in the first place.