Part three

The girl comes back with their food and smiles at the both of them and immediately Stiles’ heart picks up again and Derek, again, rolls his eyes.

“Have a nice day, you two.”

“You too, Rebekah.” Derek says and grabs the food and turning away, right back to the door. It takes Stiles just a little bit longer to follow, but when he finally does his scent is changing to embarrassment. He doesn’t say a word but Derek can tell under all of that he is raging with anger.

When they get back into the car, Stiles finally explodes.

“Really, dude? How could you do that too me?”

“I didn’t do anything.”                              

“Bullshit. I saw it all because of that smirk on your face, one of the very few times that I have seen you smile right? And then with the girl-”

“Rebekah” Derek can’t help but say.

“Shut up,” Stiles groans sticking fries into his mouth “I hate you, I really, really do.”

Stiles finally decides to shut up and Derek smiles.

He doesn’t mention how much he and the girl look alike, and that is exactly what Stiles use to smell like whenever Stiles were in the same room together when they first met.

No, he keeps that information to himself.

It’s about eleven at night when Stiles gets antsy, being in the car with silent-as-ever-Derek-Hale. Wasn’t helping either, all of his Adderall was in the back and he didn’t even feel like bothering to get it, mainly, because once he started moving he wouldn’t stop. So he decided on just focusing on the way his leg was bouncing and soon enough he would be out of the car, bathroom breaks were in order for car rides like this, yes?

Stiles watches his leg bounce up and down, up and down, up and down, and his mind begins to wonder out and into Derek’s past.

What made the DIA so important to him? Did he use to work there in a past life or something? What made it so important Stiles feared he’d never know.

But he wanted too, he really did, it was began to nag at him as soon as he could hear himself think over the smooth jazz Derek insisted on playing, hopefully not for the whole ride to Detroit because that would most likely, kill Stiles before anything crazy like him killing himself for lack of movement could happen.

After another ten minutes of silence Stiles finally decided it was now or die.

“Derek…” he whined and looked over at the Alpha who had his eyes locked on the road.

“Yeah, Stiles” he said, not bothering to look at the boy, which didn’t surprise Stiles.

“I need to move, I’m bored, I hate your taste in music, I’m dying.” He whined and pulled at the sleeve of Derek’s leather jacket, Stiles didn’t even remember when he started wearing that again.

Derek just rolled his eyes “You didn’t have to come with me, you know.”

“I knowwwww.” Stiles whines again “I just need to get this paper done it’s really kicking my ass into a different world.”

Derek snorted at that.

“Can we stop? Please? I need to get rid of all this unused energy or I will lose my mind, and I swear if I lose my mind I will take you with me do you understand that?”

Derek rolled his eyes “Shut up, Stiles.”

Stiles throws his hands up “Dude, I need movement, if I don’t I swear I will lose it!”

“Calm down,” Derek says but he is smirking, the bastard.

“This isn’t funny,” Stiles says and crosses his arms over his chest, and no, he isn’t pouting.

Derek’s amusement is something he has never seen before and he’s not sure if he feels completely comfortable with him when the man starts laughing Stiles isn’t even sure if he has ever heard the noise before. He doesn’t mean to tense in his seat and stare at Derek with horror in his eyes, but he must have when Derek starts laughing harder, and Stiles is way too horrified to notice that Derek pulls off to a rest area and stops the car, still laughing.

Stiles looks around when the car stops and he smiles “Yes! Yes! Freedom!!!” and then he unbuckles his seatbelt and fails out of the car, running towards the building with Derek on his heels not even running or jogging but keeping up with Stiles and man, Stiles just moves, he jumps up and down, does jumping jacks, cartwheels and just moves, he doesn’t even get tried Derek grabs his arm and keeps stiles from going into another cartwheel.

 “Why don’t we go for a run, Stiles” Derek says a question even though it doesn’t sound like one, but doesn’t sound like a command either.

“I won’t even run at high speed I’ll keep my pace with you.” Derek says and then, pulls off his shirt “You don’t have too, but after watching you bounce up and down I think I need to move as well.” Derek begins to shift his arms left to right moving his biceps and Stiles could see the veins running up and down his arms and god, kill Stiles now, because, damn. Derek’s body will be the death of him.

Stiles doesn’t even try to stop himself from staring at Derek’s chest and biceps because the man is freaking ripped and it’s freaking awful that he looks so good under the light of the crescent moon shining down highlighting all of Derek’s features and physique

“See those woods there? There’s a trail nearby that we can walk to, then we can run from there.” Derek says and then he continues “The run will knock you out so you can get a good night sleep as well.”

Stiles (when he finally looks up from Derek’s chest,) smiles at him then pulls of his own T-Shirt. “OK, why not?”