Chapter 24

Forgotten

It was 5:26pm and the snow was getting worse. Along with the wind. It felt like it was way below zero and I was beginning to not feel my legs anymore.

My worst fear was that we'd finally find Celine and she'd refuse to come back with us. If that's the case, I will blow up on her. Starting with the fact that we busted our butts coming out here and finding her.

It wasn't the first time I realized this, but I'm on a search for a girl that hates my guts with two other guys that too hate my guts. What was wrong with me? Why I am I so stupid, that I can't realize this stuff until its too late?

As the hours passed, I studied Harry's behavior towards finding Celine. He was determined and didn't once complain about the cold, wet snow blowing in our faces.

Honestly, I was surprised we made it this far. It was nearly impossible to see what was in front of us. We had no clue what we were walking into, weather wise and drama wise.

Harry stopped in his tracks, Niall stopped behind him and then I did. We stood in a line, not one sound from any of us.

Niall and I didn't move until Harry moved himself, afraid that he may get angry if we did something not under his command. He was the bossy type.

"Duck. I think this is the house." Harry whispered to the both of us.

Lights lit up on the porch outside the front door. It was a small, white house with shattered windows on the second floor. The porch was tiny and the front door looked as if it wasn't on the hinges correctly.

No lights were on inside. He better be home, and Celine better still be with him or else Harry may do something stupid that could get us into trouble. And not Principal Westing trouble, but police trouble.

Harry took a couple quiet steps toward the house, Niall and I following close behind.

We were across the street from the torn up, mysterious house, amongst a ton of trees and snow. We were still in the woods.

Niall looked back to make sure I was still behind him. It didn't take long for him to turn back forward before I looked into his eyes. He was still angry about my lying. I would be too, but right now we need to be sticking together. It is not the time to be angry with one another. He has to forget about it for now. Leave it behind him.

Harry sat, crouched down behind a snowy bush that was a couple feet away from where Niall and I were.

"Niall," I began but I didn't know why I even said his name, and I didn't know how I was going to finish my statement. "Forgive me."

His sarcastic laugh made my heart sink. "I won't do anymore forgiving." He coughed into his arm. "Not until you tell me everything."

"I'll tell you everything you want to know. Starting from the day I was born." I rested my hand on his shoulder, but he shook it off.

"No Skylar. You're nothing but a stranger."

Niall ran ahead, I followed. "But Niall, please . . ."

"Stop begging. I will never forgive you." He paused. "And how do I know that you still don't have feelings for Harry?"

He was right. I didn't even know if I had feelings for Harry still or not. I didn't even know if I had feelings for Niall. So why was I trying to make up with him? He won't except my apology so I should stop. I won't love him anymore. I can't love him anymore. I can't love anyone anymore.

"Stay behind me." Niall demanded, coldly.

I nodded, even though he didn't see me.

I saw Harry stand up, beginning to run towards the house. Why was he running so fast? Did he see her?

Niall stood and ran, which meant I had to also. So I did.

I sprang up from the wet ground and made my way to the house, trying to catch up with the boys.

We were on the stairs of the porch when a young man opened the door, pointing a gun at Harry, Celine stood behind him.

We found Celine, but that's not quite the end.