Chapter 11

Forgotten

I sat in the dining hall with Harry and Celine. We were all eating lunch together. Niall couldn't make it, which made me feel uncomfortable because I didn't have him to stick up for me when Harry started acting weird.

Our whole lunch was silent, except for when Celine would start to gossip about someone that would walk by.

Through everything she said, Harry still kept his eyes glued to me and I was beginning to feel very uncomfortable. If Niall was here, he would start conversation immediately to get Harry to quit staring at me.

I finally spoke up. "Harry, how do you like Grant so far?" I asked, trying to restrain myself from looking into his eyes.

I had to act like I still didn't know who he was so Celine wouldn't start figuring me and Harry out.

He nodded his head a couple times before speaking, "it's pretty good. A lot of pretty girls." He smiled at me, his sparkling white teeth glowed.

Celine giggled and smacked his shoulder, in a flirting kind of way. "Oh Harry!" She snorted.

I found myself giving Harry a fake smile in return, trying to go along with Celine, but I couldn't. I was too disgusted, once again.

He continued to stare at me.

"But there are also a ton of stuck up girls too." He added, still keeping his eyes on me.

And that's when he crossed the line. I stood up and made my way out of the room. Not once did I look back.

Who does he think he is, coming to this school and treating me like I'm his, one minute and calling me stuck up the next?

"Skylar!" I heard a shout behind me. It was Harry of course. "Skylar, wait!"

I suddenly stopped in my tracks and didn't know why. I should be still running, why did I stop?

Harry caught up with me and stood in front of my body, keeping me from running anymore, like a barrier. "I didn't mean to- . . ."

"Save it Harry," I snapped. "I don't want to hear anything else come out of your mouth. I've had enough!" I slammed my hand into his chest and stormed past him.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back closer to him. "I just want to talk to you Skylar!"

The door swung open and in came Niall, strutting over to us.

Great. What have I created? Two monsters, it seems like.

"Get your filthy hands off of her!" Niall grabbed Harry's arm and yanked him off of me.

Harry regained his balance and looked at me. "What happened to you?" He asked.

I wanted to ask the same to him but stopped.

My eyes continued to stare into Harry's, as a tear rolled down my cheek. Who was I? Who was Harry? It seemed like I turned into some kind of witch.

Everyone in the cafeteria had their heads turned to us.

Celine came running to stand next to Harry's side.

"What's going on?" Said a deep voice behind us.

We all turned around to find Principal Westing watching us.

No. What have I done. I've made a complete mess.

Niall stepped forward. "Permission to speak . . ." He pointed at Harry, "he was harassing Skylar."

As much as I wanted to reject that statement and correct it, I couldn't. I've already been in enough trouble lately. The last thing I want is to get kicked out of Grant.

"Harry, Niall, Celine, Skylar; my office right now." Principal Westing demanded.

We all sat quietly in Principal Westing's office. The second day in a row for me and Niall.

I sat between Harry and Niall so they wouldn't be too close to each other.

"I just wanted to talk to her." Said Harry, staring at the ground.

Niall turned his head to look at him. "Usually when you want to talk to someone, you don't touch them like that."

Niall's smart ass comment set me off. "Niall, he wanted to talk me to and I smacked him. Now stop bickering like two little girls."

Celine snickered at my comment but it didn't seem very sincere. "I wish you wanted to talk to me as much as you wanted to talk to her, Harry."

Harry's back straightened and he looked at Celine, sitting next to him. He didn't say a word.

I looked at the time on my watch, it's already been twenty minutes. Where was the principal?

"Wow. You don't even pay attention to your own girl." Niall remarked.

I could feel the tension building up inside Harry's body.

Before Harry had a chance to say something back to Niall, I stopped them. "I said, stop bickering like little girls or else I'll stop talking to both of you for good."

That made Niall look at me. His eyes were beginning to look glossy. Was he about to cry?

I placed my hand on top of his, which was on the arm rest of his chair.

He looked at our hands and smiled.