Chapter 20

Forgotten

Niall and Harry got into an argument as we continued our search. Harry told us that we probably won't make it back in time for classes on Monday, which caused Niall to go all ballistic because he's mister "goody". But I guess I didn't blame him for it. I was kind of fed up with Harry too.

"No. This is enough trouble." Niall barked. "I refuse to get into anymore."

"Then leave. Skylar and I will find her ourselves."

Niall shook his head. "She goes wherever I go."

"Way to put a leash on her, pal."

Niall charged at Harry and this time, I didn't do anything about it. My mind was too tired, and so was I. Mentally and physically.

I stood and watched them tackle each other to the ground.

Harry sat on top of Niall, holding his arms to the ground. He murmured random words into his face, just waiting for Niall to stop struggling and just give up.

I kicked Harry's side, making him wince and roll over. He clenched his body, trying not to cry.

"Don't touch him." I scolded Harry.

In my head, I just kicked Harry because he loved Celine not because he was attacking Niall. But I didn't want to believe that. I didn't want to let myself believe that I was actually jealous.

Someone like Harry deserves someone like Celine. A bitch.

Why was I even wasting my time coming to rescue her from this madness that she got herself into?

I was getting bitter, I know. But I never realized how hard it was to watch someone you once thought you loved, move on to someone else.

I don't know how Harry did it.

I shut my eyes, trying to snap out of my thoughts. I wasn't being myself. I wasn't thinking how I usually thought.

The drama was catching up to me.

And just when I thought Madeline and Johnny were the last of my dramatic worries, I was wrong.

I walked behind Harry, holding Niall's cold hand in mine.

Harry's head hung low the whole time.

"Are you even looking at your map?" I demanded toward him. I spit my words out like spit balls. I wasn't scared of standing up to Harry anymore. It felt pretty good.

He didn't answer me, he just shook his head.

Niall glanced over at me and gave me a friendly smile. I returned one to him, confused on why he just smiled at me so nicely.