Chapter 22

Forgotten

It was Sunday, 12:33 pm and we still weren't very close to our destination of finding Celine. If we don't make it home by midnight Niall will go crazy.

He's been persistent about not missing classes tomorrow.

We have about twelve hours to find Celine and get her back to Grant. I know we can do it.

All of us walked and talked. But mostly, we did a ton of laughing. It was shocking, yes, but it was great to see Niall and Harry finally getting along nice. They weren't best friends, but that's not what I was expecting. As long as they were friendly to each other, I was happy. Even if they were strangers, I wanted them to be friendly strangers.

Niall made a joke about the first day of class and how I was so lost that I had to ask him for his notes because I didn't take any. He said that was the moment he "fell for me".

Harry laughed at Niall's story, trying to hold back all the stories he could share with Niall about me. I respected his thoughts towards the situation. He didn't speak once about our past life until Niall brought something up that must've hit a sore spot on Harry.

"You know, Harry . . . once you really get to know Sky, you'll immediately fall in love with her. She's smart and beautiful . . ."

He would've of continued if I hadn't kissed him.

But I didn't think about what Harry thought. Kissing Niall might've have set Harry off even more. How could I be so stupid?

"I've known Skylar my whole life. You think I wouldn't know anything about her?"

Harry's smart comment caused Niall to look at me. "What?" He asked.

"Let me clarify," Harry said before I had a chance to confess. "We grew up together thinking that we were siblings. But it turned out, we were two totally different people. No relation to each other whatsoever. Until we grew up. And a couple years ago, see, Skylar told me that she- . . ."

"Stop it. Right now." I shook my head in disbelief. "Niall I was waiting to explain to you . . ."

"No need for explaining. I don't even know why I keep trying, Skylar. It's a never ending game of lies with you and I'm done playing." Niall didn't make eye contact with me as he walked away from us.

"Niall. Wait." I ran after him. "I wanted to tell you. Trust me. I just didn't know how or when I was even going to do it."

"Niall, please continue this journey with us. Your company is pleasing to me." And there it was, Harry's smirk.

How it made me sick to my stomach.

But it seemed that Harry didn't mean to make Niall and I break up. I feel like he said all that because he wants Niall to know that Harry loves me and the only way I could ever love him was if he told Niall the truth for me. So I didn't have to do it myself. Harry thought he was doing a favor for me but it really ruined me.

Niall nodded his head in Harry's direction. "Sure. I'll continue with you guys. Only to make Skylar feel the pain, instead of me feeling it for once."

"Perfect." Harry smiled at both of us.

When he looked at me, he smiled even bigger. Why was I letting myself fall for him? He just ruined mine and Niall's relationship. I can't settle for that. I can't settle for anything anymore.

But Harry meant something by it, and maybe I should realize that before I make any decisions.

Harry walked in front of Niall, who walked in front of me, whistling. He was whistling like nothing just happened.

I finally gained the courage and caught up with Niall, walking beside him.

"So, does this mean we're done?" I asked, sweetly.

He gave me a sarcastic smile. "You think that after Harry told me about you two, I'm going to brush it off? Skylar, it wouldn't have been as bad if you told me. But the fact that Harry, himself told me, makes things worse. And here I am, thinking Harry is the bad guy but- . . ."

I stopped him from going on. "You're not mad at him for loving me our whole life that we spent together?" I demanded. "Okay, I can see how I'm the bad guy but how is Harry not a bad guy as well?"

"Because Harry had the courage and the will power to tell me the truth. Unlike someone else I know." He continued away from me, catching up with Harry. Once he caught up, he patted him on the back, as if they were best friends.