Chapter 13

Forgotten

The way I treated Harry yesterday was beyond terrible. I guess I should've let him speak before I went all ballistic and shoved him away from me. But I had a gut feeling that he was going to talk to me about us loving each other again, but I can't love him like he wants me to.

Guilt was beginning to pile up inside of me, and I didn't like the feeling at all. I was starting to realize that Niall wasn't being the selfish one, I was.

And I still am being the selfish one. Here I am keeping secrets from Harry, Celine and Niall which is not okay.

They're my only friends here at Grant.

I haven't told Celine or Harry about me and Niall. And I haven't told Niall about mine and Harry's past. I'm being the selfish one.

I just didn't know when the right time would be to tell Niall about me and Harry. Especially now that Niall has confronted me about him being a smart ass to Harry. If I were to tell Niall about Harry, he would take back everything he apologized for and go hurt Harry. But I don't want that. I don't even want anyone being mad at anyone else.

I walked into the tiny kitchen through a back door.

Harry was the only one here so far. I tried to act cool but I was shaking uncontrollably. What's he going to do now? Hurt me for getting him in trouble or touch me and act like we're still madly in love?

Harry said nothing as I took off my coat and put on an apron. He's mad.

"Skylar, just stop trying to make me look like the stupid one." He finally broke the awkward, tense silence.

But what did he mean?

"I know that you still have feelings for me, so stop making it look like you hate me." He went on.

My body turned around to face his. "How could I possibly still have feelings for you? It's been years."

"You promised me that you'd love me even after we got split up." He took a couple more steps closer to me.

No one was around, which meant he'll do anything to me if I let him.

"No. You promised me that, Harry." I confronted him. "Those words never came out of my- . . ."

A passionate kiss stopped me from continuing my argument.

Furious, I pushed him of off me as if I hadn't learned my lesson from yesterday's shove. That's why we're here to begin with. But I didn't care. He had no right to kiss me.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I screamed, my face getting hot.

He rushed back to me and covered my mouth with his hand. "Shut up." He whispered. "Shut. Up." He said it again, impatiently.

"Harry, I don't love you."

"Why not?" He shuffled backwards, away from me.

It felt good to tell him that. "I can't love you because I love Niall."