Chapter 9

Forgotten

Niall and I sat side by side in Principal Westing's office. Sweat pellets dripping down our warm cheeks.

I wasn't sure if Niall was as nervous as I was so I didn't say anything. I didn't want to be annoying so I kept my mouth shut.

My eyes stayed glued to the outside of the window where some students threw snow balls at each other, on their way to their classes.

I laughed to myself, those kids are being so immature right outside the Principal's office window. How dull. . .

I felt Niall's eyes on my face, but I didn't bother to look at him.

"I'm sorry Sky-. . ." He was interrupted by the door opening.

My body stiffened when Prinicipal Westing strolled into his office with a reassuring smile planted on his lips.

He sat on the top of his desk, his hands folded, "good morning kids."

In my mind, I wanted to roll my eyes. If this man calls us kids one more time, I will scream. I'm in college, which means I am finally an adult. He doesn't understand the annoyance that I have for the word "kid".

Niall didn't say a word, and neither did I.

"So, here's what I'm willing to offer: I won't make you two work in the kitchen," I felt relieved but also scared because now I feared that he'd give us an even worse punishment. "I'm letting you two off with a warning and only making you shovel the snow outside of this building. Understood?"

We both nodded our heads in agreement.

"You are dismissed." He added. "And don't ever come home past curfew again."

Niall stood up first and grabbed my hand to help me up.

"Thank you sir." Niall said as we left Principal Westing's office.

My heart stopped beating when I saw Celine waiting outside the office. Next to her was a young boy, with curly brown hair.

My heart sped up. I knew who he was.

It was Harry.

"Celine?" I demanded.

"Skylar?" She looked at me, a puzzled look on her face. "What are you doing here? With him?" She gestured to Niall.

I searched for the right words to say. "Oh. Principal Westing asked us to do some shoveling for him." I hate lying but I had no choice. I could practically see the hatred Celine had for Niall in her eyes. I was scared.

"Who's this?" I pointed to the curly haired boy that I once knew.

Harry stood up and took a good look at me. We exchanged the same kind of look; amazed. But we were both amazed for two different reasons.

I was amazed at how disgusted I was by all the ink, permanently tattooed all over his body. His lip piercings made me sick to my stomach. He was so different and not the same boy I knew a couple years back. I wasn't afraid of that boy like I am of this one. Part of me debated if this was even the same boy that I once knew. But there was no more time for debating after a minute or two. As he said his name aloud I could feel my heart slowly sinking lower and lower. It was him. It was the boy that promised he would love me even after we got split up.

"I'm Harry." He held out his hand for me to shake. A tattoo of a snake peaked out of his sleeve, and led out onto his hand. It wrapped around his thumb.

Celine looked at him and smiled, "this is the boy that I told you about. The one I am showing around campus."

Harry continued to smile at me, his eyes not once leaving my face.

My attention suddenly shifted over to Niall, who was scrutinized by Harry's presence.

This was what I was afraid of.

I went along with it so Celine wasn't curious. "I'm Skylar." My hand met with Harry's and he shook it twice.

"Nice to meet you." He added.

I was pleased by the way he played along with what was going on and how he too was trying to convince Celine that we haven't met before.

Niall coughed, trying to get Harry to notice him and to get him to stop looking at me.

Harry's attention fell from me and he soon focused on Niall.

"You getting a cold or something, buddy?" Harry joked, holding his hand out for a friendly shake.

Niall sarcastically laughed at Harry's remark. "Nice to meet you too. I'm Niall."

I've never seen Niall so tense before. Ever. He's always willing to joke around and have a good laugh. Was he jealous of Harry?

Harry's smile faded and he looked at Celine, who was smiling at Harry. I could tell she was very into him, and it was actually adorable.

But I was also amazed that someone could be so interested in a person like Harry.

He wore torn up black skinny jeans, and a white t-shirt. What looked like a shirt, was wrapped around his head, which was full of dark curls. The curls matted to his scalp. He didn't look clean, and I was surprised that Grant even accepted him.

"Can I have a minute alone with Skylar?" Harry asked Celine and Niall.

Celine nodded her head. "Sure. I have to talk to Principal Westing anyways."

I glanced at Niall, who was giving Harry and angry look. "I'll start shoveling." He looked at me before leaving the building.

I was alone with Harry, the boy I've lived with my whole life. The boy that loved me. The boy I thought I loved but really didn't.