Chapter 18

(Author' Note: Think of Blood, Sweat & Tears)

Yoongi must have been kidding when he said it didn't look as old on the inside. The entrance room looks like it was taken out of a Roman cathedral.
"There's more to it." Yoongi smirks.
In the middle of the room is a statue with black, Angel wings, which somehow look like they're supposed to be there. It's face has been vandalised with what looks like watercolour paint, so it appears to be crying.
To the wall on my left is a painting that looks exactly like the one in the den.

We walk through the room and down a side passage. Bambam opens the door at the end to reveal a black room. No light can be seen aside from the strobe lights flashing around.
The atmosphere makes me nervous, and my gut is telling me to run.
"Don't worry, I'm right here." Yoongi mumbles, kissing my forehead.
I hum and lean on him, and all doubt is washed away.

As we enter the room I can see that it is packed. The boys push through the crowd to reach a nearby table, and I cling onto Yoongi's hand. I look around me and see that there are no people here. Strangers with bright yellow eyes glimpse at me and Yoongi. Some grin, some glare, but all make it clear that I do not belong.
We sit at a round table just off the dance floor. It's edges are fluorescent lights, which thankfully give off extra light. I sit in the middle between Yoongi and Jaebum.

A girl with bright blue hair and glowing eyes is staring at Yoongi. I look at him, and he's staring at her too. The girl starts grinning manically and Yoongi tenses. "Honey, are you okay?"
"I'm fine. Excuse me for a second." He says as he gets up. The blue haired girl disappears into the crowd, and Yoongi follows her.
"Who was that?" I ask the other boys.
"I'm not entirely sure, but they're either related or knew each other when they were young. She's a bitch, don't worry about her." Answers Hoseok. I nod and turn my attention back to the crowd, trying to see where Yoongi went.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't trust the boys and I feel uncomfortable without Yoongi here.

"Jaebum, I didn't know you made friends with dinner!" A tall, dark haired demon laughs as he approaches the group.
"Actually, she's with Yoongi."
"Oh shit, my bad I'll keep my distance," he says putting his hands up "anyway though, want some?" He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small bag with what looks like paper inside it.
"Sure." Jaebum smirks.
The demon hands Jaebum the bag before leaving.
"Nari, why don't you try it first?" Jaebum holds out the bag to me.
"What is it?"
"It's fun. Don't worry, it won't hurt you. Just put it on your tongue and leave it for a bit."
I hesitate. "I don't think it would be a good idea."
"Come on Nari, don't be a killjoy." Encourages Bambam.
"Yeah Nari, it's fun." Adds in Mark.
I feel like I'm going to regret this.
"Fine." I say, taking a piece of paper from Jaebum and putting it on my tongue.
Within minutes the room starts to spin and I feel light-headed.
Where is Yoongi? I need Yoongi.
"How do you feel, Nari?" Asks Jackson.
"Fine." I mumble, but apparently it doesn't come out right because the boys all laugh at my response.
Jinyoung gets up from his seat and moves to sit next to me, where Yoongi should be.
"Are you sure you're okay?" He ask, placing his hand on my thigh.
"I'm fine." I say, shooing away his hand. He chuckles at me before placing his hand back. "Are you sure? Because if you're not, I could make you feel better." He leans in closer to me, moving to my neck and leaving light kisses.
I push him away and slap him. "No!"
I get up and run into the crowd. The room is spinning and the bodies around me are merging together. Where is Yoongi? Where could he be?
In the dark room I begin to notice more and more eyes appearing in the crowd. Their bright yellow colour glows at me like a beacon.

That's when I realise my mistake. That's when I realise why the boys gave me the paper.
I'm afraid. And demons feed on fear.

I rush through the crowd, trying to find an exit. I can feel bodies pushing against me and hands trying to grab me and I try to escape them. All around me I can see hungry eyes looking at me as if they haven't eaten in days.
I make it to a door on the side of the room. I push past the crowd and burst through it, slamming it shut after me.

And she's there. The blue haired girl Yoongi went after. And she's looking right at me.
"Well, well, well, what do we have here? Yoongi's pet?" How delightful." Her voice is as venomous as a snake's bite.
I slide against the wall to the left of the door, trying to distance myself from her.
"Oh don't worry, dear, I won't hurt you. I think Yoongi's friends have already done that enough. Have fun now, he's just down the hall." And with that, she leaves through the door.

Have fun? What did she mean?
My heart is racing, pounding so hard I feel like it will burst through my chest.
Is he really down there? I think as I walk down the hall. A deep brown, wooden door stands in front of me. Its iron handles seem to call to me, begging me to enter.

I open the door, and find myself in an empty room. It looks like an abandoned temple. I walk into the middle of the room and look up to see the night sky above me.
"Pretty, isn't it?" The door behind me shuts, and I turn around to see Yoongi standing there.
"What is this place?"
"Shh, shh, now isn't the time for questions." He hushes as he pulls me into a hug and strokes my hair.
"I was so worried." I whisper.
"I know, I know." He kisses next to my ear, and then my neck.
"I could smell your fear." His voice turns deeper and he continues kissing my neck, getting more aggressive.
"Yoongi, stop, you're hurting me!" I cry.
"Shut up!" His voice is demonic as he grips my throat with one hand.
I fight him, trying to get away, but his grip is too strong.
Finally I manage to kick him in the stomach. He falls back, releasing me, and I tumble, hitting my head on the hard concrete floor.
I look over to Yoongi. His skin has turned dark grey, as if it was burnt, and his eyes are bright yellow.
"You fucking bitch!" He screams, lunging at me. I roll to the side and try to get to my feet, but he grabs my ankle and pulls me back down. He's now on top of me, pinning my wrist down with his hands and my waist down with his legs.
"Did you really think you actually mattered?" He laughs mockingly. "You know exactly why I wanted you. You know exactly why I waited outside your window."
I try to move my body to get him off of me, but to no avail. He laughs once again before leaning down to my neck. He licks at my skin, almost as if to torture me, before harshly sinking his teeth in.
I let out a cry as pain overcomes my body. The room seems to be getting smaller, and I can't breath properly.
Yoongi bites down harder, and I can hear and feel something snap in my neck. I try to push him off me again, but it's no use. My body is numb and I can't feel anything other than the pain going through me.
Then, as my vision begins to go black, I realise that I had been falling for a demons tricks all along. I allowed myself to be thrown into a game with only one possible winner.

And as the life began to leave my lungs I realised that sometimes people are exactly how they're expected to be.

(Author's Note: I JUST CAN'T WRITE HAPPY ENDINGS OKAY I'M SORRY
On another note, thank you to everyone who has read and will read this story. This is the first time I've actually written anything this long, and I'm glad at least some people enjoyed it.
I'm planning on writing another BTS fanfic soon, so be prepared ;)
Also, I recently wrote a Lee Jihoon (Woozi) one shot called 3am, so if you like Seventeen, please check it out!

Much love xx )