Chapter 3- Sweet Treats

Start from the beginning

Tina nearly forgot Newt was in disguise.

"Yeah I did, in fact, he's standing right next to me, meet us outside during your next break." Tina whispered so quietly Newt barely heard what she said.

Jacob nodded his head. "So, would you two like?" He said. Tina peeked at the board and almost passed out. Jacob turned around and looked at the board upon seeing her reaction.

"Oh right." He chuckled.

"I'll take a number 4." Tina said, still jolted.

"How about you?" Jacob said, looking at Newt. Newt quickly turned his head from looking at the embroidery on the walls. He remembered the American accent

"Oh- Uh, same please."

Jacob, who looked surprised at his American accent, put in the orders. "Okay, let me get your totals real quick........ that will be 6.50."

Tina went to pull money from her handbag but Newt stopped her.

"Here I got it" He said, Pulling out a ten from his pocket. He handed it to Jacob. Jacob quickly handed him back change.

"Just wait over there" He pointed to the other side of the line "And I'll get your orders right out."

Tina and Newt moved over to the side, Tina look at Newt incredulously.

"What was that for?"

Newt looked at her, confused.

"Excuse me?"

"You didn't have to pay for that."

"Yes, well, that was a small thank you to you from me." Newt said, his eyes avoiding hers.

"For what?" Tina chuckled.

"Well, lots of things- for instance- letting me stay at your house, seemings I, didn't have anywhere else to go"

"Oh that, that was really nothing-"

"And might I add food-" Newt, who was about to go on was cut off by a defeated Tina

"Okay I get it, thank you for paying."

Newt went to reply when Jacob came around the corner with 2 bags.

"Here you guys go." He said, handing them the bags. He lowered his voice. "I'll meet you guys outside in about 10 minutes, just gotta finish up these next few orders"

Tina nodded and the two went outside. Newt reached into the bag and pulled out a pastry, which looked exactly like a Demiquise.

"Better not eat this in front of them, lots of mixed reactions." Newt said, laughing. He made sure nobody saw and took his wand and sent it to a cabinet inside the case.

"When you came, you didn't happen to look at my apartment first, did you?" Tina asked a little randomly. Newt, who was a little surprised, thought for a second.

"No, why?"

"Well, we don't live in the same apartment anymore, we were kicked out, don't know what for, but I'll show you were we live later."

Newt, who was still confused, nodded. Tina felt brainless for indiscriminately saying that. For a while both stood there, just the awkward silence between them. Newt had slid down, sitting against the side of the building, looking at pebbles. Tina almost laughed but didn't. She just passed the time watching cars pass. She decided after a while to break the silence.

"I didn't know you had American dollars with you."

"I made sure I had plenty after last time I came, after all, I had only planned staying a few hours last time." Newt said, almost distantly. He was thinking about the events from the last time he came. He thought of how nothing in the city seemed to change yet everything else has. Jacobs a bakery owner, Tina's an auror with her own office. What struck Newt as funny was that both of them urged that he was the cause of their success. People in the past have always said how he made things worse, but that was a long time ago, maybe things have changed. He seemed to have changed. Newts mind automatically went back to him and Tina before he left. Now why won't that leave his mind? It just keeps coming back to thought. He can't look at Tina without seeing her and him at the boarding gate at the harbor. What was so significant about that that he can't stop thinking about it? Something occurred to him right then. He really didn't know his own feelings anymore, did he?

"Newt?"

Newt snapped out of his trance and looked up at Tina

"Hm?"

"You look out of it, are you okay?"

"Oh yes, I'm fine." Newt said.

Just then Jacob walked out of the store smiling merrily.

"Howdy there." Jacob said walking with a skip in his step.

"Jacob!" Tina exclaimed turning towards him. Both hugged and began talking about what they've been doing. Newt stood up, brushing off his clothes. Jacob immediately remembered that it was Newt who was next to Tina.

"Newt! I couldn't even tell it was you. Very sharp."

Newt looked down, completely forgetting what he had been wearing.

"Oh, Thank you"

"Wow, this is so crazy. Its like some crazy form of Deja-vu or something" Jacob chuckled.

"I'm not sure if you remembered , but if anyone finds out Newt came back, or that you remember us, we are all in big trouble, so we have to make sure we stay under the radar." Tina said

"Oh right" Jacob said, remembering. "There was a whole lot of fuss about the case."

Tina thought back to when they had been locked away. She still felt incredibly guilty, considering she was the one who turned him in in the end.

"You got the latch fixed, right?" Tina asked Newt cautiously. Newt couldn't help but chuckle.

"Yes I did."

Relief washed over Tina's face. "Good, I do not want another beast chase like last time."

"So uh, were's Queenie at? Back at your place?" Jacob asked awkwardly.

"Yeah. What time do you get out? One of us could come by and pick you up, we don't live in the same place but we don't have to sneak in anymore."

"I get out at 8 on weeknights."

"Okay, somebody will be by and get you. We should probably get going. Ready Newt?"

Newt nodded.

"We will see you in a little while then!" Tina said.

"Until then."

Jacob walked back into the store and Newt and Tina Disapparated.