Ian Wells: Part 2

Hi, everyone!

Welcome back!

Let's see how Krystal handles her boss's strange behavior.

Please remember to let me know how I am doing.

Your feedback and comments mean the world to me!

Hugs!

"What in the hell does he want? He never calls my house!"

I close my eyes and wipe away the salty, burning tears, "I have to go, Chey. We don't leave until tomorrow morning. Please... we have saved our money for four years for this trip. Just-just find them, okay?"

******

       After I hang up from Chey's distressing news, all I can do is stare numbly into the void of nowhere. Like I said before, Chey is organized beyond any rational human being's capacity. Matter of fact, when we go out to the bar, she plans my entire night down to the second I arrive home. Her theory is, I need one cup of coffee, two bottles of water, aspirin, and at least nine hours of rest before facing a full-blown hangover.

I have learned to appreciate her theory to the fullest degree. So, back to my original question...

How in the hell could she have possibly lost the tickets? This just doesn't make sense! Didn't she even tell me she put them in her underwear drawer for safekeeping? I am pretty sure she did...ugh.

A deep man's voice echoes through the phone laying inside my pocket,"Hello? Miss Gail, are you there?"

Realizing what I have just done is beyond the most embarrassing thing I can remember I have ever done. To accidentally call or answer my boss from my pajamas is not an event that I plan on bragging to anyone anytime soon. I smack the center of my forehead and hang my head down in defeat. There is just no going back from this humiliating event.

Great! Just freaking great! I cannot believe I answered Mr. Wells's phone call!

Mr. Wells begins to mumble unrecognizable words from the left pocket of my teal-cotton shorts. The language he is speaking is not English. By the thick beginning and sharp ending, the words, they seem as if it is almost from an ancient descent, but I know the idea is too far-fetched to be true.

What the hell is he saying? I wish he wouldn't do that. I heard him speak that way once coming out of his office after talking with, Tyler. He was quite mad at the time... and he sounds quite angry now.

What am I even going to say to him?

"Oh, hi, Mr. Wells. How are you? Sorry, I didn't answer your five thousand calls right away... I was busy ignoring you."

He would shit a brick! My God, this is really bad!

"Miss Gail, can you hear me?"

I pull the tip of the phone out with my shaky fingers. My grip fails me, causing the phone to somersault through the air, bounce off my end table, and land onto the hardwood floor.

Of course, the volume on my phone switches to the speaker as it ricochets onto the floor. Mr. Wells's deep voice roars throughout my empty room, "Miss Gail, I know you're there. I can hear you panting like a dog."

What did he just say to me?

"When you're finished with your leisure morning activities, you are needed in my office in thirty minutes."