Chapter 2 ✔

Work was busy for the week, but it slowly slowed down. I saw many people leaving town. People did not want to live in a gang's town. It's too dangerous, I get it. I'd love to go with the crowd.

By the end of the week, half of the people that live in the same apartment colplex as I had, left. It felt empty. I am thankful that Katrina was staying, but I am also worried for her well being. I knew she would try and rebel and be hardcore, but one day she will fall, she's a bit foolish. Now I sound like the bad guy.

I sit on my bed as I just think about it all- since the day I left. I do tend to think about that a lot and it is depressing, but there is nothing I can do. I made my choice and I've got to stick with it. No turning back time.

I lay back and close my eyes, thinking of the day I left. The day I lost a part a part of me, but also gained something, I don't know what though.

"What the fuck Bow? Why the hell would you think smoking a cigerette is a good idea?" my mother shouted at me. She was pissed beyond words, her eyes like fire.

My face was pale, the school had found a pack of USA Golds in my locker. I didn't dare to speak, even though they wanted answers. I didn't even know how they found them, I never told anybody about them and I knew they school never brought dogs to sniff for drugs before.

"Answer me you little piece of shit," I felt a sting on my cheek and I looked up at my mother with tears in eyes. My father just stood back, not doing anything, just watching, just listening. He was just as mad, but he could control it, unlike my mother. I wish she would just understand what I've been going through and give me a small break. Not beat the shot out of me.

I turned around and ran up to my room. Everything just had me stressed and I didnt want to deal with it anymore. It was too much for me, I just wanted to kill myself.

I sit back up and head over to my mini fridge. I wonder how my parents are doing, do they miss me? I grab my leftover Subway sandwich and head back over to my bed to eat it. The silence in the room bothered me a bit, I liked some background noise.

I smile as I am about to take a bite, but I hear a loud banging on my door. I snatch my gun and head over to the door carefully. "Who's there?" I ask. I hear no response, probably due to my quiet voice. My heart raced as I felt myself starting to panic.

"Bow! Get the fuck up!" I hear Katrina shout from the other side. I unlock my door and throw it open, curious of what she was doing.

"What is wrong?" I ask, worried. She is crazier than a week ago, I swear, but she is still my friend and she only comes over if something is important.

She pants heavily, worry in her eyes as she looked around her quickly. "The gangs are coming today-" she was cut off and our eyes went wide as we listened to the message.

"Hello everybody of the Green Ivy Apartment Complex, please step out into the hallway. Sincerely, the Falcons," the intercom turned off with a chuckle. At that moment, I died a little.

My face falls as I realize what was going on. People stepped into the hallway, I was in the middle of the crackheads and such. I hold onto Kat's pant leg, scared. She was looking around the hallway, frowning.

It was about five minutes before I heard a voice speak up at the end of the hallway. It sounded like a young man, around my age. "Everybody, this complex is now under the ownership of the Falcons. Have a problem? Consult us." He shouts, knowing nobody except the stupidly brace would speak up.

"You pieces of shit think you are all that and try and take over our side, that will never happen!" my other neighbor, Joshua shouts. He was the average stoner, so it was a huge surprise to hear him shout. I had to admit, I hope he didn't die, he was chill.

I see people moved over against the wall for the Falcon member to get to my neighbor. He grabs him by the shirt and looks at him up and down. "Or what? Youll blow smoke in my face?" he laughs and pulls out something shiny from his pocket. A knife, he was going to kill Joshua.

I gasp, but it went unheard. Time felt slow as I pulled out my gun and shot. The hallway was silent and I opened my eyes to see the gang member on the floor, bleeding. My eyes go wide with realization. I just shot a gang leader in front of everybody. Now I'm the foolishly brave one, but I don't feel brave!

"Oh my god, Bow, you saved my life!" Joshua smiles and hugs me. I dont hug him back as I still process the fact I just shot somebody, it also looked like I did it more than once. I was completely speechless.

"Well Bow, guess you have to leave now," Katrina says from behind me. I nod, not saying anything. She was right, it'd be a lot safer. If I stayed, someone would avenge him and his death, he looked like a higher up man.

"C-can you help me pack?" I ask Kat, a few tears falling from my eyes. This was worse than the stress with my parent's.

"Awe, Bow," she comes over and hugs me. "How about you try and sleep, I will pack your stuff. No buts." I nod, not bothering to argue with her. I did need rest, my body felt numb and dead inside.

We both know where I am going, her cousin's. I just hope it doesn't turn out bad.

•••

Edited! +200 words. Hope you like it!!!