Chapter Thirty Four: Parents

Start from the beginning

"Because you guys left me and Melissa all alone. We were teenagers and you just show up randomly. As soon as I hit 15 you wanted me to become alpha. I was not ready, I was just a kid! I was suppose to be alpha when I find my mate. But no! You just couldn't handle the pressure anymore and you passed it on to me!

How can you even leave your kids all alone to take care of a pack and just leave and go on with your stupid lives? You guys are horrible parents you hear me? HORRIBLE!! I would never do that to my children" my eyes widened when I heard what he said.

I always wanted to meet his parents, but he always made excuses. I understand him now, and I couldn't help feel bad as my heart was weighing heavy as I felt his pain.

I grabbed his hand and kissed it trying to calm him down. His eyes turned back to the green eyes that made me fall in love with him.

I hugged him and whispered soothing words in his chest. "Its okay baby, calm down. I love you" I said as the last three words came out like a wrecking ball. His breathing went to normal.

"I love you too, Rose" he said while his thumb was running smooth circles on my back.

"I didn't want to leave you Xavier" Samantha said crying and went to hug her son. Xavier hugged his mother as she cried in his arms.

"Your father loves you, he's just a little hard headed. He wanted to teach you skills of independence" she said looking up at her son.

"I only wanted to teach you how to be a man Xavier, that's all I wanted to do. Teach you how to be strong as an Alpha" David spoke looking down as the words looked hard to say.

"I was 15, you could have waited till I found my mate. I wasn't ready but you know what I did? I sucked it up and took care of Melissa at the same time" he said standing tall.

"I'm sorry son, I just taught you what my father taught me" he said putting his hand on his shoulder.

"I wish you hadn't because I don't want stupid things like this running in the family. I would never do this to my son" Xavier spoke hugging his father.

"Oh and I forgive you old man" he said patting his back which made his father chuckle.

"I'm not that old" David said putting his hands in the air. "Just wait till you age. You are your fathers son, you will look exactly like me when your old. So take a good look at your future" his dad said pointing to his body. Xavier start laughing.

"As long as my hair stays, I'm fine" Xavier said running his fingers through his black hair. I laughed and rolled my eyes at him.

"Men" Samantha said linking her arm in mine. I laughed which we got a weird look from the son and father.

"How about you guys stay and I'll cook us dinner" I said smiling at both parents.

"That would be amazing!" Sam said smiling now I realized she acted a lot like Melissa.

"She's a keeper if she can cook" David said patting his sons back. "Don't break her heart son trust me. I've hurt your mother in the past which I regret" he said as a frown made his lips.

"Yeah he's lucky to have me. If he wasn't my mate I would have been gone a long time ago" she said honestly. I saw hurt flash across her eyes as she remembered something.

"I'm very lucky to have you" David said pulling his wife to his side and kissing her for head.

"Don't remind me" I whispered. But stupid me forgot they were werewolves with great hearing. A whisper probably feels like a yell to them. Heads snapped my way.