20 . Lost Princesses and friends. (Zayden's POV)

Start from the beginning

I could do nothing but watch in horror as he grabbed her hair and made her stand up. I grimaced watching the various black and blue bruises seen through the tattered bits of her torn clothes. The lady looked dead except for the fire of hatred burning in her eyes which told me that she was living on the thoughts of revenge. I couldn't help but compare that fire to the one in Ionora's eyes in the dungeons.

"You see this slut here? Now look carefully and see if she resembles someone you know. " He said, gripping the lady's jaw with his other hand and turning her face to me.

"What does that have to do with anything? "

"Trust me Alpha." He mocked. "It has to do with everything. Now let me ask you a question. What was the most talked about story in the werewolf world second to the war after the disappearance of the stone? "

"The disappearance of Princess Evaanka." I say immediately without a thought. It was one of the most shocking news at the time and the mysterious disallowance disappearance was still talked about today. No one had a single clue on what happened to the Russian Princess. It had raised questions on the safety of our species since a Lycan, who was one of the strongest species of our world had disappeared without a trace. Needless to say, the other Lycans had gone off the grid after that and their location remained a secret.

"Good. Very good." Mr. Smugface Warfuck laughed evilly which made me want to come his vocal chords till they begged for mercy.

I was beginning to feel irritated now but managed to keep my cool facade on.

"How is Princess Evaanka related to this? Can you please stop laughing like a hyena and give me a clear answer?" I snapped. See? Very cool.

Mr.Warfuck immediately sobered up and gave me a sadistic smile. "My, my, I always knew that weres were all for the brawns before brains but I never thought they were this stupid, your highness." He said, pulling the lady closer to him.

I froze. Did he just-

"Princess Evaanka"
I whispered, unable to keep the shock off my tone. I was due my pale face looked like it had just seen a ghost. It felt like I had. The lost Lycan Princess who was believed to be dead was standing right in front of me. She looked half-dead. Alive but dead. If that made any sense.

"Tut tut. We don't call her that here, do we, my dear?" He turned her towards him and smirked."To us, she isn't worth any of those coveted royal titles you call her. She is just a slut who gave birth to the half blood freak, aren't you, Princess?" He guffawed, clearly mocking the title which made me growl in anger. No one threatened our royals like that. He proceeded to push her away causing her to fall in a heap on the floor. Her face was emotionless, telling me that she was used to this, the insults and the abuse. I felt a sharp pain tug at my heart at the realization that this was my mate's mother. She wasn't lying then. She really had werewolf blood in her. Lycan blood at that.

Ofcourse she is a werewolf you dipshit. How many times do I tell you that I could feel her wolf reaching out to me.

I'm sorry, okay? I thought that it was your horny mate crazy side talking and that you were lying to get me to accept her.

Ryder scoffed and shut himself off. Great, now I'm captured and have a PMSing male wolf to deal with. Just bloody brilliant.

The sharp ring of a phone broke me off my thoughts and I focused on the situation at hand.Mr.Warfuck was talking in a hushed voice at the corner of the room but I could catch snippets of the conversation due to my wolf senses.

"Yes boss. I have him here."

"I just told him about her. He was shocked."

"Right now? Okay boss. I'll there in five."